Hit Network

See really Hit were just 2 years ahead with putting a Bachelorete and well known comedienne together for weekday Sydney Breakfast. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dare I say that Dave & Sophie would do much better than Carrie & Tommy on Drive in 2018.

2 Likes

This Morning was Dave Thorntonā€™s last morning on Fox FMā€™s Breakfast

He was basically invisible on the show since Fev joined

I really canā€™t stand Ash London on drive, only time Iā€™ve ever changed stations. Hit Nights with Keegs is sounding good though, show name works well.

It was strange that Fox FMā€™s breakfast did not air during AFL Grand Final week even though it was during the radio non-ratings period. Both KIIS and Nova had their regulars hosting GF specials yesterday.

1 Like

On mumbrella there is a story about The Bachelorette has beaten the Game of Thrones finale in on-line catch ups. This morning Sydney Confidential (in the Telegraph) confirms that the current season of The Bachelorette is the highest rating of any of the series, both male or female.

I am betting that SCA is talking to Sophie about the 2DayFM breakfast show next year. I am not betting on who they are proposing as a cohost. It would be good if they downplayed the cohost and let Sophie shine.

Right now Sophie is a hit and I reckon she is going to be on Hit. Itā€™s now October. I predict an announcement before mid-November. They would be smart to let the series finish - ramp up the publicity on Nova, KIIS, WS and Triple M - and then announce that she is rescuing the 2DayFM breakfast show in 2018.

Rove & Soph? :joy:

3 Likes

Music doesnā€™t work on drive. They should have found something else.

If she doesnā€™t want to risk breakfast again, Iā€™d be happy with Carrie, Tommy and Sophie for drive. A very powerful trio to take on Kate, Tim and Marty.

2 Likes

You canā€™t just throw someone into a team and think itā€™s going to work. Thatā€™s the mistake 2Day made the last couple of times. Carrie and Tommy work just fine. They donā€™t need a third wheel.

1 Like

Gemma Fordham on 2dayFM breakfast:

"We are very much aware that it is going to be a long term gain for awareness and we know that the show is going better and better,ā€ she says.

ā€œThereā€™s not a hell of a lot of faith in the 2day brand because weā€™ve been through four breakfast shows in four years, so we are aware of that and we certainly arenā€™t going to be making any changes and we have the marketing plan rolled out through until next year so itā€™s just about trial and trial comes from awareness.ā€

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/radio/osher-gunsberg-announces-departure-from-hit105s-stav-abby-and-matt-with-osher-show/news-story/f512ea427343302774ddf9cecd987d1b

Using an original song, Osher surprised his Stav, Abby and Matt with Osher co-hosts with the news during the show this morning, explaining that the addition of hosting a Bachelor spin-off to his already loaded schedule had proven too much.

So now we know heā€™s hosting ā€œBachelor In Paradiseā€ too then.

Yes

2 Likes

What role did Jamie Dunn play on the show? From the News story:

Probably the only photo they could find of Osher actually in the same room as some of the other cohosts.

4 Likes

Fev is away on sick leave this week.

The following guest co-hosts are filling in for him:

• Luke McGregor
  • Ed Kavalee
  • Waleed Aly
  • Damien Richardson (Fifiā€™s boyfriend Steven)

Doesnā€™t ed work at Triple M brisbane?

Preparing for a move?

Ed has filled in on a couple of Hit Network shows this year, Hamish & Andy and I think Carrie & Tommy. Hit and Triple M are both SCA, and Ed is well known to both audiences, so I wouldnā€™t read too much into it.

1 Like