Hit Network

crankymedia - that is classic!

Kyle called out the Triple M brekkie bogans for fake laughing and screaming for no apparent reason. And the Triple M crew were definitely doing the SCA fake fun thing.

Kyle hung up on them as it was giving him a headache. Most of us simply change radio stations.

SCA Position Vacant: We are in need of a Fake Laugher for our 2DayFM and Triple M Breakfast Shows. Must be able to laugh with outrageous force on queue at any moment. No stimulus will be given apart form a red light. Suitable for people who have realised that no one likes sitting next to them in a pub or restaurant. No sense of humour required. Desirable: Ability to annoy.

1 Like

Sunday Herald Sun reports Dave Thornton will quit Fifi, Dave, Fev and Byron breakfast show on Fox at the end of this month. Dave apparently told the station bosses he would not seek an extension to his contract.
The next two weeks of the show will be interesting.

Interesting and unusual that he isn’t seeing out the year. Certainly big changes to the Hit Network seem to be coming from all corners next year.

Sad to see Dave leave but have felt that this announcement was coming.

Explains the subtle rebrand to “Fifi & Fev with Dave & Byron” in the latest marketing push then

2 Likes

He confirmed the news this morning.

That is a pretty vague announcement.

He had amazing Chemistry with Em Rusciano when they used to host Mama Mia today, much better than Harley Breen, in fact I think they would be worthy replacements for Hamish & Andy on drive.

In my weird little universe I wonder if he is finishing early to take a break before starting Drive (or another shift), there is no reference to him leaving the network or moving on to other things in the quotes from Network heads… this is all just speculation in my head of course.

2 Likes

Keegs will be filling in on nights from Monday for the next few weeks whilst Ash London is on holidays.

2 Likes

Has anyone worked out why there is a hen on Harley’s shoulder in the Em and Harley ads / posters that are around Sydney?

At first I thought there was going to be some weird and creative reason why there was a chook in the shot.

I am now thinking that it is just plain dumb. Or am I missing something?

1 Like

Wonder if he’ll still do his morning shift on Fox each day

1 Like

If you don’t know then you’ll never understand radio in this century. Just go back to dreaming of the glory days of the 80s. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Rooster? Mornings? Pretty simple to me…

3 Likes

Could be something to do with the Chooks being the only Sydney team left in the NRL finals race too, perhaps?

1 Like

Ahhh - I get.

I though it was a chicken.

Ash will be doing drive while Hamish and Andy have yet another 3 weeks off.

I notice that Sophie Monk gave Channel 10 is highest ratings for a debut of The Bachelorette so far with a audience last night of close to a million.

The show also won all the key demos: 16 - 39, 18 - 49 and 25 - 54 year olds.

It’s a pity that all those years ago when 2DayFM signed up Sophie for the post-Kyle and Jackie O breakfast show that Sophie was made to share the microphone with three other personalities.

If they had let her shine with one other host I reckon the show would now rate above its current 3 point something.

7 Likes

Very true, she did a great job on KIIS summer when it was just her and Matty Acton. She was actually not too bad with Jules Lund when she filled in for Fifi’s maternity leave. Surely someone is going to sign her up now, if they haven’t already. I would assume SCA as she can broadcast from there Gold Coast studios.

2 Likes

And when people saw the 2DayFM billboards or bus shelter ads, instead of thinking “who and who?”, they would actually know who was hosting the show.

WTF… They are never there and on a $4 Million salary. Give me that contract any day :heart_eyes:

1 Like

She once did weekend show with Dave Thornton and that seemed to work. That followed on from an earlier stint on breakfast in summer for Nova Sydney with Dave Thornton and Dylan Lewis.