Hit Network

Both of them are based in Melbourne. It’s rare that either of them are in Sydney - basically only when they have commitments that require them to be in Sydney which might be once or twice a month at most.
The camera angles are because they have used the same footage that they record during the show for their everyday online content - due to where they sit on the desk, the size of the studio and where cameras are able to be setup it would be difficult to get them both in the same shit - it would pretty much only be able to done with a full zoomed out shot of the whole studio, which would make it difficult to see their faces clearly. It’s actually something that would happen in most studio around the country - TV ads where we see all presenters in the same shot are often filmed in “set studios” built for the TV ad.

1 Like

Weekend Breakfast with Ryan and Tanya return to 2Day FM next Saturday.

1 Like

Hit 929 has had their local weekend breakfast show (Exavier and Heidi) every weekend since it started in march Sherri lee Biggs from channel 9 has filled in a number of times for Heidi however this weekend Ned and Josh from hit fm south west will fill in perhaps a sign of things to come next year with Will and Woody set to move back to Melbourne to join Kiss.

Hit 92.9 also airing the best bits from the breaky show between 4am and 6am with Ty (morning announcer)or a casual hosting,I prosume this is pre recorded shift.Are any of the other Metro stations doing this?

SCA has spent a fortune on ads (both electronic and billboard / bustops)in the last survey period for Em and Harley - Sydney’s loosest Breakfast Show.

The cume only went up 15 000 - from 274 000 to 289 000. Ad spends should increase sampling for the show. I don’t quite think the ads gained very much traction with the Sydney audience.

To put it into perspective the cume for Radio National in Sydney went up by 18 000.

I think 2DayFM’s ads should be a little outside the box. Surely there is an idea for a bus shelter ad for a breakfast radio show that is not simply a picture of two humans with abbreviated names.

1 Like

It’s hard to tell - more people could be sampling , but lots of people who sampled last period might not be returning. It’s still a problem, but a different one.

Definitely agree here. Names and faces don’t mean much when people don’t know who the people are. It might work for K&J because everyone knows who they are, but realistically the only people who would recognize Em & Harley are already listening. I think advertising some of their regular (good) segments would be a good idea - of breakfast radio is all about talk topics, then the topics should be able to draw in people who don’t think they’ll like the music or personalities.

4 Likes

I found this interesting ad from a UK station:
https://www.facebook.com/themixradioextra/videos/1450074191745566/
They seem to be using the exact same branding as the Hit Network

4 Likes

and ripping off the logo from The Edge Katoomba

Wow, very interesting observation. Maybe the Hit Network have branched out into sub-licensing the hits & old school format - can you even do that? I wouldn’t have thought there’s really any original ideas anymore. I can understand if they’ve registered RNB Fridays and it’s associated branding which The Mix Radio UK quite clearly have acquired it as it’s exactly the same:

5 Likes

Given that it’s an online operator, I’d assume it to be a total rip off

1 Like

thanks guys - I’ve alerted Gemma Fordham just in case.

2 Likes

SCA Melbourne are now running Zetta. The switchover happened yesterday afternoon, with the techs putting in a big weekend to get it up and running. Melbourne was the biggest switch since the national feeds for all the digital stations are played out of Melbourne in addition to Fox and Triple M.
This means that all SCA stations that were running Maestro have now switched over to Zetta.

2 Likes

Have Em & Harley been running on Maestro or Zetta?

I think Em and Harley are running on empty.

3 Likes

Both…
So they sit in a a studio in Melbourne, and the output of that studio is sent to Sydney, where it goes through one of the 2Day FM studios and then gets sent out to be broadcast. Similar to how an OB would be handled.
The studio in Melbourne inserts all the sound effects and anything else you hear while the mics are on.
The studio in Sydneys plays all the music, ads, traffic etc. (News comes from the separate news studio, but that’s in Sydney also.)
So until this morning they were running Maestro in Melbourne, the same as all the SCA studios in Melbourne, and for the past few weeks Zetta in a Sydney, the same as all the other SCA Sydney studios.

1 Like

So now that Melbourne is on Zetta, couldn’t they theoretically simply run the 2DAY log and run everything (ads, music etc.) from Melbourne?

They could have done that with Maestro too if they wanted to.
I think they would still need someone in Sydney to put the calls to air - the calls to 13 10 60 still get directed to the Sydney studios.
They also regularly have guests in Sydney, so would still need someone to set them up in a studio etc.

Ed Kavalee back with Carrie again today (well I assume it is him I can hear). This must be a trial for something for next year.

2 Likes

Tommy left to Mexico and will join Carrie in LA next week.

2 Likes

@nickatnights will like this one, along with others:

Listen from 6 mins:

Kyle has a whinge about the amount of laughing on the 2MMM bfast show. He’s picked them too.

Why Dobbo lets this contrrived laughter feature so prominently in their Sydney shows is beyond me.

2 Likes