Hit Network

Ryan and Tanya haven’t been on in Sydney since Late June.

Those Two Girls (Lise & Sarah) were on hit105 this morning, as with most other weeeknds since it was announced they’d be doing breakfast on Saturdays.

Any one else expecting yet another new breakfast program in Sydney next year? It really is a good opportunity for a new campaign with a new breakfast show and obviously the new drive show.

I think they’ll stick with Em & Harley, they’d be crazy not to… but history says otherwise with management at SCA.

2 Likes

But do Em and Harley want to is another question. Would not surprise me to see her quit.

1 Like

Unfortuantely Em has a bit of a shtick for doing that. Wouldnt surprise me either.

2 Likes

What does the 2DayFM breakfast show’s ratings need to start with for SCA to keep it running next year?

At the moment it starts with a 3 - and rates below 2CH. KIIS’s ratings at breakfast start with a 10.

I think SCA would be looking for a breakfast show that starts with a 5.

I reckon when Kyle left 2DayFM they were hoping for a show with ratings that start with an 8 or 9. Nowadays anything with a 5 would be reason to break open the champagne in World Square (or wherever it is in Victoria or Tasmania that Em and Harley are currently broadcasting from).

1 Like

I still think they should start with a all music breakfast show then build a team around that eventually.

K&J’s breakfast figures have never been as strong as they were at 2Day. Still good results, just never the same.

That awkward moment when the Hit105 daytime announcers repeatedly mispronounce an artists name (DJ Khaled) despite the fact the song is on high rotation and the opening lyrics include said artists name. I am not sure where SCA are finding their “talent” nowadays, between poor daytime announces and horrible replacement shows like “These Two Girls” I don’t hold out much hope for their future. There programming is all over the shop, Ash London is great talent and clearly passionate about music but her filler show for Hamish & Andy is targeted at a totally different audience. They used to be so good at developing talent but I really think that finished with the demise of Dan & Maz, who should have been left on drive.

2 Likes

TBF, Nova announcers do this too, including Tim Blackwell (including DJ Khaled, Kaleo, Shawn Mendes…); on Nova I find it even more surprising as they play intros all day with grabs from the artist literally saying their own name…

Think that’s him taking the piss given Nova’s super tight rotations

4 Likes

When they started playing Shawn Mendes he wasn’t sure of the pronunciation so they had some fun with Mendez and Mendies. Then after he found out Mendez was the correct way to pronounce it, he just started taking the piss and kept pronouncing incorrectly on purpose.

3 Likes

Haha - lot of people listen to KTM a lot more intently than I obviously!

Still, I’ve heard others both from him and other Nova workday announcers. Even Smallzy from time to time, though he’s very quick to change usually if it’s wrong.

1 Like

I’m curious to hear what people think of Em and Harley who are listening around Australia at 7pm?

1 Like

I don’t like the pre-recorded intros of late, but I like hearing the best bits of their show… I think it’s pretty good.

Just saw an ad for Em & Harley’s 2DAY FM brekky show on Channel 9.

I noted how they were not seen on screen together (most likely due to Em being based in Melbourne and Harley in Sydney).

I think 2DAY should have filmed them together… I didn’t think it was a very good ad because of this.

2 Likes

They are both usually in Melbourne.

3 Likes

Ed Kavalee filled in for Dave Thornton this morning on Fifi, Dave, Fev & Byron

1 Like

Really? What about his Triple M Brisbane show? That’s odd.