Hit Network

Return of the Labrat ?

My money is they end up at the Hit Network!

2 Likes

Seems a pretty safe bet.

1 Like

Not drive surely?

1 Like

I wouldn’t put it past SCA. If Carrie said no.

Gemma Fordham is good friends with Jason Hawkins (social media clearly demonstrates). He would return to Brisbane Breakfast given he was bored there. So it has to be Sydney Breakfast or Drive.

The article says they have accepted an offer “overseas”.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, Hughesy and Kate are out of contract at KIIS

Prediction: Hughesy and Kate at KIIS101.1 Breakfast with the ZM team doing national drive.

Imagine if Hughesy and Kate fronted the 2DayFM breakfast show in 2018.

For the first time in a decade Kyle would be nervous.

Sounds to me like whatever happens, next year will see many changes for our hit music stations.

Was their contract not renewed?

It would be a pity if I don’t hear them in Melbourne anymore :frowning:
I have listened to them for years!

TBF, Drive shows, especially KTM are very different to Breakfast shows, with different flows, different topics etc.
Not to mention the fact that national Drive shows are designed to sound as national/location-ambiguous as possible, whereas most breakfast shows are designed to sound super local.

Also, KTM wouldn’t work anywhere even close to the same ballpark if Tim & Marty were together and Kate separate. They also now have three (or more?) years of doing it this way almost every day and the entire show is designed around doing it that way, which again is very different to having one person broadcast remotely every now and then…

1 Like

Doubt they’d be into it tbh.

Sounds no different to any other year :wink:

Am I right in thinking fitzy and wippa are out of contract at the end of the year as well…?

ARN might be but I doubt kyle would be. Kyle knows KIIS lives or dies based on his show, so it’s not like they’re gonna dump it. The threat of a strong #2 contender I don’t think makes much difference to kyle

If you’re referring to Hughesy and Kate, they made their mark at breakfast radio.

Don’t know, but it’s a possible slot for Jase & PJ (although I don’t see it happening)

2Day FM is running Zetta from today.

2 Likes

I’ve always been a bit iffy on Em prior to her being onair, but she’s growing on me and I like Harley too - I reckon they are onto something if they’re persistent and stick with the show and let it evolve.

I now find myself looking forward to listening to their catch-up after leaving the gym most nights.This was particularly funny from today

3 Likes

Agree totally - it’s refreshing to have a no bullshit (and self-aware bogan) alternative to listen to in a market polluted with archetypes.

1 Like

I try EM once a week. As soon as Em and Harley stop yelling I will listen for longer than four minutes. There is no need for yelling. Maybe they think we can’t hear them properly. Maybe it’s just the producer confusing yelling for “sounds like fun”. Maybe it’s the landline from Melbourne.

It’s definitely annoying, especially at 6.45am. Unless you are Alan Jones. Then you have a reason to yell. Tony is not longer PM and Alan is just plain old angry.

1 Like

Interesting opener to tonight’s highlights show, Em & Harley basically started out by saying that it was pre-recorded, definitely no way that it’s live and they’re Sydneys breakfast show and we’re such loose units they were right around the country etc. Before going to the first song they ended with something like “alright we’re off to record a fake goodbye for the end of this show cause we’re definitely not live”…

1 Like

SCA Perth are now running Zetta. That leaves the Melbourne stations as the only remaining SCA stations still running Maestro.

Will & Woody haven’t been heard on Fox FM weekend breakfast for months. Are other local weekend breakfast shows still running?