Hit Network

Which is exactly why I love 2Day FM’s new breakfast offering. They literally call themselves “The loosest breakfast show in Sydney.” In many ways, the main drawcard of the product is that it’s quite anti-establishment in terms of following FM Breakfast archetypes.

And on the laughter thing I personally see it as quite natural and not forced at all, particularly when you watch the videos of the on-air moments they post online.

Just my two cents. :information_desk_person:

3 Likes

I’ve always been a big fan of AM drive being hosted by the ‘boss jock’ rather than just a cast of interchangeable anchor, comedian and female ‘oh roosy you can’t say that!’ teams or crews…

Howard Stern, Elvis Duran, Rick Dees, Doug Mulray…

I like the idea that this is Em’s show (albeit with a ‘with’).

2 Likes

Tim Lee is now anchoring Carrie & Tommy.

They are most definitely setting up Carrie and Tommy up for drive next year. I’m very happy with this if it eventuates.

1 Like

Rove and Sam broadcasting across Australia tonight at 7.55pm:
Rove: Where did you go on your date Sam?
Sam: To the Sydney Aquarium.
Rove: How did it go?
Sam: I had my period - I became bloated - and my pants split open.

As a man I want to know if this really a thing? Can girls spilt their clothes when they have a period?

Or is this just another make-believe FM radio moment that highlights how depressingly sad and hopeless the medium has become?

Is there an emoji for “cringe”?

1 Like

Sounds SO much better with an anchor, and yes could easily slide into 4-6pm, would make a very tricky move for Carrie to run upstairs or The Project though, especially any pre-records and promos.

Listened to an hour the other day, I counted 5 songs in a row between breaks, why even bother?

1 Like

Expect Carrie to announce she’s leaving The Project at the end of the year. That’s the most likely outcome.

Why would she leave a plum TV role for an untested radio show on a third rate network.

1 Like

Outside of Sydney, it’s extremely popular and #1 in most cities. In regards to her leaving, there’s probably more money in drive radio (??) but a lower profile.

Untested? That’s why they are doing 3-4pm - to see if it’s viable. And yes, I do think she’d consider leaving. Radio pays more than TV apparently. The Hit Network is the biggest radio brand in the country and is number one in many places around Australia.

Untested in direct competition against the big guns of Kate, Tim and Marty on Nova and Hughsie and Kate on Kiis.

Many radio shows come and go but Carrie’s TV gig would be hers until she didn’t want to do it any more.

What would you like Hit to do at 4pm next year? At least they have many shows they can put there. Or would you rather a whole new, untested anywhere, new to the market show?

I think you mean Tim Arnold. He’s also Assistant Content Director at Fox FM.

Tim Lee is currently doing afternoons at hit92.9

2 Likes

Ellie Angel-Mobbs on her new gig at 2Day FM

1 Like

We’re live around Australia for International Women’s Day! #BeBoldForChange #SheMeansBusiness

1 Like

Christian Hull’s posting lots of Instagram stories of the behind the scenes to the Instagram accounts of the 5 stations as well as Fox and 2day breakfasts.
They’re broadcasting from Sydney, and have all of the cohosts live in studio. It’s worth a look, and I expect that later in the day he’ll post a compilation video of it all to Facebook like he usually does.

2 Likes

Em Rusciano confessed on this morning’s special broadcast that she tried to quit her 2DayFM breakfast show twice but were talked down
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/em-rusciano-has-quit-her-2day-fm-breakfast-show-twice/news-story/cd46c26aee26d712cbc9d836b8194218

1 Like

If Em Rusciano were to quit, then the 5 listeners that actually listen to 2DayFM would be devastated.

2 Likes

Isn’t it quite clear to them they only way to save the station is to steal a team from another station.

• Kate, Tim and Marty
  • Bree and Gawndy (can easily be moved)
  • Jimmy and Nath
1 Like