Hit Network

To think they had a few massive hits like 15 years ago or so and not really played anymore.

3 Likes

A seriously botched live performance at the ARIAs can kill off a career instantly. :disappointed:

1 Like

I don’t mind the rainbow colouring with the new Hit logo.

2 Likes

So many great tracks today

1 Like

Well done 2GayFM. Considering they don’t have the rights they’re still owning the night.

Is KIIS doing anything special on air this evening?

2 Likes

Believe they were live from 7pm for the parade - could be wrong though

Listening to Em on 2DayFM this morning and the fake laughs have been replaced by one male fake laugher. It’s not Harley so it must be their panel operator.

It’s a dreadful laugh with no range. Even since Kyle and Jackie O left 2DayFM the station is obsessed with this forced laughter at breakfast. Awful and annoying.

Does anyone know who owns the laugh on the Em Show?

2 Likes

You’re obsessed with the fact Kyle and Jackie O left 2Day. Time to get over it.

5 Likes

I can’t work you out. You constantly make comments about 2Day FM, all mostly negative, why don’t you just change the station? Your clearly unhappy with them.

5 Likes

It’s their panel operator Ben Wasley, otherwise known as Giggling Ben (as nicknamed by Hamish and Andy when he was their panel operator in their early days).
I wouldn’t describe it as a fake laugh - Ben doesn’t take life too seriously and has great chemistry with Em & Harley so it would be genuine laughter.

2 Likes

My obsession with the breakfast show is unhealthy. It’s like when you slow down to see what happened in car crash.

For the past four years it’s been:

• Management: this is our new show and we will stand by it for the long term
  • Me: Listen to show and it’s boring
  • Management: We would like to announce a new show for (INSERT YEAR )

And the cycle starts again. I can’t help it. Dan and Maz sound like Rove and Sam sound like Em and Harley sounds like Merrick, Sophie, Jules and Mel B.

Mind you it’s a pity the breakfast show is into another one year cycle as the music is pretty good. This 2GayFM old school weekend was like nothing else on Sydney radio. WSFM would like us tho think that 90s music consists of the 30 songs they play over and over again. 2DayFM reminded me of the music that was actually the 90s. The 90s was a great decade. We should never have let it end.

7 Likes

Yuck! Speak for yourself. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But I do agree there is probably room for a radio station that plays more 90 and 00s music that isn’t on high rotation. In fact, all radio stations would benefit from playlists which aren’t high rotation.

5 Likes

Wait, you can control time and space? Why didn’t you tell us?

2 Likes

Noooo! I like @nickatnights’ running commentary on the show. It means I don’t have to suffer through it.

+1 on the excellent 2Day 90s playlist by the way. That format is a DAB ratings topper waiting to happen (see Kisstory in the UK). Shame SCA are intent on ensuring their digital radio stations fail.

2 Likes

I don’t have anything personal against 2DayFM or SCA by any means. I’m sure there are plenty of talented people who work there, as the case is with most radio stations and media corporations.

But it’s a bit hard for me to say that 2DayFM breakfast is improving when they’ve had four breakfast shows (with no less than ten hosts during that time!) in four years. We’ve all heard the same “We’re in it for the long run” comments made about three post-K&JO breakfast shows on 2DayFM by management in press releases, followed by a brand new show being announced after a year or so due to poor ratings. Hopefully the same won’t happen with Em & Harley.

If SCA wants Em & Harley to be successful for 2DayFM in the ratings, they need to actually stick to their “in it for the long run” promises. Letting the presenters be themselves on air as much as possible (just like KIIS does with K&JO, just like Nova does with Fitzy & Wippa, just like WSFM does with Jonesy & Amanda…and you get the general idea) rather than being yet another generic and focus group-tailored breakfast show wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

4 Likes

When Jules Lund left breakfast he made exactly that comment ~ ‘At least I don’t have to now constantly find “interesting” stuff in my personal life to talk about and be a comedian - which I’m not.’

I remember when Donna Lynch was with the B105 morning crew and was a NSW Blues supporter. At the time I remember thinking ‘isn’t that good that she’s allowed to be herself…’

Now I’m not so sure though… I’m getting sceptical in my old age.

1 Like

Spot on SydneyCity TV.

The key to success at breakfast is to let the talent be themselves. I does not have to be a laugh a minute. Let the show sound natural. Let the talent shine.

Then a show that gains traction with the audience will be found.

Rather than the “louder than life - scream out loud - talk really fast” shows that 2DayFM has over-produced for the past several years.

3 Likes

The metro hit stations will celebrate International Women’s Day this Wednesday with a national female breakfast show anchored by Fox FM’s Fifi Box and 2Day FM’s Em Rusciano. The show will also feature Abby Coleman, Hit105, Heidi Anderson, Hit92.9, Cat Lynch, Hit107, Hit Network national show hosts Ash London, Carrie Bickmore, Sam Frost and Constance Hall, as well as UN Women Goodwill Ambassador Nicole Kidman.

It’s a bit disappointing that the show won’t be heard in regional areas, though probably not surprising given more conservative audiences, broader target demographics and local content requirements of some regions.

6 Likes

Wonder why they couldn’t run it in drive?

It will be interesting to see if they can sustain a Sydney breakfast show broadcasting from Melbourne if they are “in it for the long run”.

1 Like