Hit Network

1 Like

Appears that Collective Noun radio (Sam & Dom, Brisbane based duo) have gone national on the Hit Network 11pm-12am Mon-Thurs.

Nope, the version used in the hit network promos is a new release by “Betty Who”

3 Likes

nope - new 2016 one by Betty

2 Likes

Was flicking around the stations this morning (after Nova 96.9 played that annoying Alessia Cars song for the millionth time this week ;P) and I listened to Em Rusciano on 2Day for a while. Harley Breen has taken time off because his partner just had a baby and Luke McGregor was filling in.

When I switched over, they were playing a song from the 1980s, Maneater by Hall and Oates. Was it a one-off or are they stretching their playlist back to the 80s now? Taking on Smooth and WS now, instead of Nova and Kiis?

Yesterday I head Maddison Avenue’s “Who the hell are you?” at around 9.45am.

I can no longer listen to Em though. The fake laughing and forced hysterics are doing my head in. Yet so little of the show is actually as funny as the laughter suggests. Actually - none of the show is as funny as the laughter suggests.

1 Like

It’s not fake laughter. It’s the team laughing. You can tell that they’re trying to make each other laugh. There are obviously some in-jokes going on, so you’d have to be a long-term listener to get all the jokes. Might be a good trick to make listeners keep tuning in.

1 Like

What time would that have been? They do a segment each morning where Em chooses an older song to play.

That was most likely part of the “Old School 9@9”

It’s fake or they are high:
Em: After the break we hope to have something interesting
Cue: Nuclear explosion of laughs

Guest this morning: I have OCD
Cue: Hysterical laughing

1 Like

Just after 7am.

You’ve just lost your sense of humour. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sounds about right. I think they do it as the first song after the 7am news.

Experienced programmers know not to do this for a high cume station.

They could be high, many a radio person has told me they moved to Sydney because the drugs are better. Could be their magnet for staying?

Sounds like you have been partaking yourself? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not at all, know people long enough and it comes up in conversation.

Except they famously haven’t moved to Sydney.

This is nothing new. I remember Kyle and Jackie-O having the same early-morning feature several years ago. Although maybe the song choice didn’t go quite as far back as the 80s.

1 Like

True, was the inspiration for an opportunity to make a wider observation, not specifically them.

I noticed on the weekend that 2DayFM is now “No. 1 for Hits and Old School”.

I would suggest that 2DayFM is more “No.7 for Hits and Old School”

1 Like

They’ve said that since they started doing Hits and Old Skool.

1 Like

Some of the “Old Skool” is very old school.

I heard them play “Every Morning” by Sugar Ray on Sunday - a song that is nearly 20 years old and would be more at home on “Pure Gold” WSFM.

1 Like

Em is broadcasting from Sydney today for the first time since the show started. She’ll be there until the end of the week, as she is in Sydney for Mardi Gras.
Harley is still in Melbourne.