Hit Network

Mel z more like it

4 Likes

Carrie & Tommy’s first show today - LIVE.
Video showing the studio setup on their Instagram story (view here for the next 24 hours: https://scontent-syd2-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.9793-16/15119742_1122949737832380_8915836388297932800_n.mp4)

It looks like they are in their studio at Channel Ten - looks like a small room with 3 small tables, some portable microphones and a laptop.
Screen on the wall show studio where panel op is done. It’s hard to identify details and who is doing panel op, but it looks like they’re in the main 2DayFM studio in Sydney, rather than Melbourne.

6 Likes

Heard a bit of this today and they work well together, especially taking the piss out if each other. Carrie was so comfortable she kept accidently swearing and then apologising. :laughing:

Is it 100% live, sounded a bit like it was put together with different bits all edited together?

Yes, it’s a 100% live.

1 Like

When I saw Tommy Little after a gig, he said it would be LIVE Monday - Thursday and prerecorded Friday.

He hoped that they could content with TEN and The Project on the show, something his previous employer’s did not do.

Obviously because Carrie doesn’t work Fridays.

SCA have really done a lot to get her on board with them, $$$$$, setting up studios in TEN’s offices in the Como building, prerecorded Friday show etc

Hit107 Saturday breakfast has been announced. The team will be Amelia Mulcahy (from 7 News) local comedian James McCann and Andrew ‘Haysey’ Hayes, described as “a guy with his finger on the pulse of everything happening across the state”

Radio Today

Dan DeBuff as anchor, Sophie and Rove as contributors.

Are you talking during the day or at breakfast? During the day, the hosts are essentially just noise anyway so it doesn’t matter who really… breakfast is a very different story though

What if you have the choice of three stations playing essentially the same music…?
I understand if you like rock (Triple M) or oldies/easy listening (WS/Gold/Smooth). In that case you do pick the station based on music. If you like rock/don’t like pop you’re unlikely to switch from say Triple M even if you don’t like the breakfast show.

But with KIIS/Nova/2DAY, they’re all playing basically the same music

2 Likes

I reckon it would have to be a pretty good breakfast show for you to want to listen to if you didn’t like their music, or if they only played 3 or 4 songs an hour so you could probably put up with that.

Some of the “hits” that have been on the 2DayFM breakfast shift lately are very different to the “hits” played only a year ago.

Right now they are playing Daryl Braithwaite’s Wild Horses.

I wonder if they borrowed the recording from WS or Smooth.

It’s quite bewildering. Nova have an explosion of 90s music as “throwbacks”. Why are they suddenly all skewing old?

Wild Horses was released 27 years ago.

When I think of The Hit Network - or Hit1041 - I do not think of songs released nearly three decades ago.

I think that 2DayFM adopted the big blue “H” logo and then regretted it.

This is going to be an interesting survey for the station. The are in this survey with an barely-promoted breakfast show that is full of forced laughs, a non-promoted station and a music playlist that appears to be quite random. R&B Fridays mixed in with Daryl Braithwaite’s 1990 hit “Wild Horses” on a Thursday.

It sort of sounds like they are making it up day by day.

1 Like

There’s nothing to say that Hit means current hits though. “The Horses” by Daryl Braithwaite was a hit 27 years ago so it still qualifies. They could easily promote the network as Hit music from the 80s to 2Day. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Good idea! :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe because the 90’s were the best decade in music :stuck_out_tongue:

As if. :laughing:

“From the 80s to 2Day” - I like it.

I have always thought the brightly coloured blue and pink “H” with the exclamation mark (!) was more a contemporary hit / Top 40 logo - than a classic hit / greatest memories logo. Maybe its just my interpretation though.

1 Like

Well 90’s music is better than some of the current crap music of today.

2 Likes

But you can’t beat 80s music. No era since then has surpassed it yet or possibly ever will. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like