Hit Network

Jaben Ryan was doing the afternoon shift on Fox today.

good to see, shitty treatment from Nova to let him go and put Sarah Maree on random weekend shifts

An official mock by 2Day FM on their social media.

1 Like

Not sure what it is about that image, but it looks dirty somehow…

Yeah I noticed that too! I just dragged it straight from their Facebook.

Probably the logo melting in the heatwave.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s definitely what it’s meant to be, but it doesn’t look that good…

1 Like

2day Fm is possibly one of the worst radio stations in Sydney right now IMO! 4 Years ago i wouldn’t say that but what a difference one breakfast show makes when jumping to another station! Since then we have had Sophie, Jules, Merrick & Mel B, followed by Dan & Maz then Rove & Sam… now Em Rusciano and Harley Breen… 4 new Breakfast shows in 3 years… yikes!

Do you have any actual reasoning for your assessment?
Merely listing the names of the recent breakfast presenters is hardly evidence to back up your claim.
Do you dislike the music, the presenters, the general content, and are you even in the right demographic?

Also, a mod might want to move this to the correct thread.

Actually here is a quick question for Sydney listeners.

Over the past four years the 2DayFM breakfast show has been hosted by:

• Merrick
  • Jules
  • Sophie Monk
  • Mel C
  • Dan
  • Maz
  • Rove
  • Sam
  • Em
  • Harley

Who are the best from this list? Who would have been the best combination? Who should never have been in front of the brekkie mike?

I suggest that Sam and Mel C were bizarre choices. Someone in management was on the crack pipe when these two were put forward.

Dan and Sophie may have been a good combo. Dan is a good host and Sophie is a disruptor. She can get the media attention and always sounds fresh.

1 Like

Melting in the face of competition…?

They are onto their umpteenth breakfast show in just a few years (they must be running out of options surely), and can’t seem to make any real sort of inroads into Nova or KIIS.

I’m so confused with “The Queen Sesh”. Annalise is the only one really talking. Is Constance scared? Lol such a strange choice of show. It’s like they are trying to be The Thinkergirls but its epically failing.

Also, I hate to say it but I feel another year of failure for 2Day FM is coming. Something about Em and Harley. They’ve got no direction. Something isn’t right. They should just give us Bree and Gawndy. That’s a show Sydney would love!

3 Likes

On the 2Day brekky thingo, surely some people listen to the station for the music, sure the hosts are one thing but the music is the core of the radio station.

If I like the song selection during a program I’d listen to it regardless of hosts because of the tracks played. Maybe that’s just me though.

1 Like

Agree, terrible choice. My radio is always on hit105, tuned into Nova which I never do. “A show for the Queens by the Queens” - they just lost me there.

Brisbanes new Weekend Breakfast duo ‘Those Two Girls’ would’ve been a better option to go national on Sunday mornings.

Yes, I tend to choose stations by music rather then announcers.

“A show for the queens, by the queens”

What does that even mean??

I agree. I caught a bit of it for the first time this morning. I’m definitely out of the demographic, but as a male in a relationship with babies on the radar, some of the content was a interesting, it was just presented in such a weird way. It was as though the announcers were using their own lingo to create their own bogan mummy club where there can force their views upon you. It really felt more like a niche podcast rather than a radio show.

3 Likes

Ain’t the Hit network & Nova similar in terms of the music format?

Similar. Nova has a narrower playlist and tends to have shorter rotations though.

1 Like

It was Mel B. Shows how memorable that show was then

4 Likes