Hit Network

Sure. Doesn’t mean it isn’t pre-recorded.

Interesting development in the 2DAYFM Breakfast show, the host doesn’t even have confidence it’ll last.

https://mumbrella.com.au/em-rusciano-wont-uproot-family-sydney-radio-show-may-not-last-421052

2 Likes

Nothing new there. She’s said the same in interviews. She’s just saying what everyone is thinking.

Given 2DAY’s recent track record i wouldn’t blame her for saying that.

2 Likes

Being in Melbourne for a couple of days and listening to a bit of Hit 101.9/Fox FM I didn’t hear a single mention of the Hit branding, just saw it a few times but never heard it on air.
It seems to be a stupid disconnect.
If SCA are serious about this national brand, then it needs to be on air, at least a little, in Sydney & Melbourne.
Why would it be so difficult to sometimes have the announcer say “Hit 101.9 Fox FM” instead of always just “The Fox” or “1019 The Fox”?

2 Likes

Cause Fox is #1 and it’d be stupid to do so, it was stupid when they tried “Hit 1019 The Fox” for a few months the other year.

1 Like

They do also mention the hit network, though that’s mainly in networked shows only.

Fifi, Dave & Fev has a new name. Anchor Byron Cooke has now been recognised with the show titled Fifi, Dave, Fev & Byron.

Uncle Doug Mulray looked rather dashing in his fez. Good to see SCA bringing it back.

1 Like

What a mouthful!

2 Likes

Just like Brisbane - Stav, Abby & Matt with Osher.

They’ve started referring to the show as hit105 Breakfast because it’s too much too say all the time.

2 Likes

SAMO?

Em and Harley broadcasting out of Melbourne today.
Ben Wasley panel op’ing.
The studio they are using in Melbourne (Studio 8 I think) has been refurbished with Hit Network branding to match Studio 2 (Fox Breakfast and Hamish & Andy studio) which was returned late last year, but also includes a 2DayFM logo on the wall.

2 Likes

They’re getting worse with this whole ‘catchy name thing,’ hey?

2 Likes

Fox FM Breakfast Show would make more sense.

And who says creativity in radio is dead?

Thanks for explaining why in such a calm and well reasoned manner and avoiding the pathetic name calling some resort to so quickly.

I know they’re very much trying to downplay the importance of this but (serious question) does a breakfast show get piped in from afar in any other ‘capital’ city market in the world?

1 Like

I didn’t call anyone stupid.

Certainly. There are plenty of capital cities across the world that have totally networked shows as well.

I take your point though - the biggest radio markets (Los Angeles, New York, London etc.) for the most part wouldn’t.

If the content works it shouldn’t and won’t matter, but it is a reason some may not give the show a chance and could also provide an extra thing for management to blame potential poor performance on

2 Likes