Hit Network

I’m a bit slow on this, did nova100 move to Sydney during the day?

A bunch?

Yes, they network… sorry “dual broadcast” from Sydney the 9am-4pm shifts.

As in regularly, sorry, not the clearest that I could have been.

Carrie Bickmore and Tommy Little getting 3pm national show.

1 Like

Hope that doesn’t affect her appearances on The Project.

The new 2DayFM breakfast show (the fourth attempt at cracking the Sydney market in four years) needs all the help it can get and broadcasting from outside of the Sydney basin is probably not a positive move.

They are trying to create something that will gain traction in Sydney. It would probably help (even to a small degree) if the duo were in front of a microphone within 100kms of Centrepoint.

I wish they would give up on the glamour shots of the hosts. The same style - all done up and with at least one host pulling a “crazy” face has been tried with every show since Kyle and Jackie O left the station.

I think generation X, Y and Z might see this style of photo as slightly out of date. Yet I can see that the Hit Network love this cheesy style for their presenters.

I fear that Sydney is going to get plastered with these cheesy photos on billboards for yet another year.

Maybe they should dress Em in a hijab and holding an Australian flag. That will get some publicity.

1 Like

Calling it now, these guys are being groomed for drive in 2018.

6 Likes

Assuming the show is hosted from Fox’s South Melbourne studio, Carrie can travel to South Yarra straight after the show and still has time to prepare for The Project later that day.

Another tick to the Hit Network!

Carrie and Tommy are a great combo…this is the start of something big…good get for Hit!

Talk about taking the piss out of the ‘pipeline’, then.

1 Like

Yes, but they usually work the whole day on The Project. They rehearse, film skits and interviews for the show and do plenty of voiceovers.

I think a smart move would be Rove, Carrie and Tommy (or maybe Joel Creasy?) + an anchor like Ed Kavalee or Dan Anstey (or maybe Byron Cooke).

Now that’s a show.

4 Likes

Nope, being groomed for Sydney breakfast in 2018 lol

1 Like

Nothing to say they will be live at 3. Hamish and Andy were prerecorded at 3 with the happy hour. I rarely hear it, but is the 3pm pickup on KIIS live?

1 Like

Probably wouldn’t be too hard to prerecord the one hour show at whatever time of the day suits the hosts. Probably less than half that time will be left once you account for advertising, music, and news.

1 Like

I don’t believe so, certainly wasn’t back in the Chrissie & Jane era, nor with Monty & Zoe Marshall (with the latter hosting from KIIS Sydney studios)

1 Like

The 3pm Pickup takes calls from listeners doesn’t it? Hamish & Andy’s show only worked as a prerecord because their daily topics meant that listeners could submit stories online beforehand and then be called back when the show was being recorded.

I would think that Carrie & Tommy would be best suited to a show that deal with current topics and listener interaction, in which case it would have to be live.

There’s nothing to say that Carrie can’t do a couple of hours on The Project in the morning, then head into the Fox studios to do the show, and then head back into Ten to do The Project. She wouldn’t be able to do everything that she currently does on The Project, but it would mainly just be the extended editorial type stuff that she’d have to step down from.

Ten are probably happy that the show will be getting significant additional promotion as a result of this.

3pm pick up is pre-recorded.