Hit Network

They’re constantly cross-promoting and appearing as guests.

Just have all 3 host weeknights from 7pm and be done with it

It’d also be a bit of a first - I can’t remember any FM station having a trio host nights.

3 Likes

Influencer and former Bachelor contestant Abbie Chatfield has admitted on her Hit Network radio show Hot Nights, she has been “dumped again,” after her fill-in co-host, Nic Kelly, quit this week.

This is the second time Chatfield’s radio show has suffered a blow recently, with her original co-anchor, Rohan Edwards, resigning abruptly on Monday.

4 Likes

So… are we doing Jimmy, Nath & Abbie or what?

I cannot understand why these “single named shows” need a cohost.

Isn’t that the whole point of being the “main star”?

Ugly Phil did it brilliantly, so too did Spoonman.

4 Likes

Erin needs to be removed as newsreader on 2Day. She just did the 8am news and after every single story she gave an opinion or added her own story to it. She needs to just read the news or be replaced. It’s completely unprofessional.

7 Likes

Why is the host of the show reading the news anyway? You never hear Kyle reading the news or Hamish & Andy reading the news.

It’s the same with Sunrise/Today, what’s the point of having a newsreader when the hosts also read news.

3 Likes

Kyle and Jackie O reads the ads though that’s how they make a big chunk of their money. They were the first to implement in into their show

LOL. Kyle and Jack absolutely did NOT invent the live read

9 Likes

May I suggest you watch all 5 eps of the history of Australian radio? They’re on YouTube.

1 Like

Kyle (mostly him) and Jackie may see themselves as gods, and innovators of Aussie radio, but they really aren’t lol

3 Likes

For that type of show they definitely implemented it first. I remember you would have pre recorded ads and sponsor ads but Kyle and Jackie O started reading them as it was more of a personal touch and their loyal listeners believed them (for some reason) its like affiliate marketing now, but they made a huge chunk of cash doing it and then everyone followed on FM.

I thought someone like John Laws would’ve been doing live reads with a personal touch years before K&J.

5 Likes

No they didn’t. Watch Thanks For Listening. That’s your homework for the weekend, there will be a quiz, you will be marked. :wink: :rofl:

3 Likes

And if you fail, there will be detention supervised by ElCapitanCranky! …. That should be enough incentive to want to pass!

2 Likes

Yeah. Don’t mess with the bull, you’ll get the horns. :wink:

1 Like

On what I’m saying is, in my history of listening to radio I remember it was normal ads then Kyle and Jackie O started live reading nearly all of their ads and the rest of the FM stations started doing it but because of this they made so much more money than others in the same field.

3 Likes

Trying to find out why Matt On Mix94.5 breakfast show isn’t on air much these days. Even though it’s Advertised as Pete,Matt&Kimba…… No Matt.

2 Likes

i wonder if Matt will be leaving soon… will Mix survive another loss to the brekky team? I think Clairsy was hard enough of a loss

1 Like

Yes, it’s been this way for quite a while now. I don’t know if he has the same arrangement as some other stations, where the 3rd person seems to start at 7am, or is only on for certain features. It’s very strange. Could he be starring in a live show at the moment? I know he does acting/stage shows, etc…

1 Like

I do feel something needs to change in Mix breakfast. It feels tired and stale, with the same recycled content.

3 Likes