Hit Network

Hobart shifted to the Hit music line about 3 weeks ago…

4 Likes

Across Regional QLD as-well.

3 Likes

I feel Mix94.5 Perth has an identity crisis now. Mix Means Variety doesn’t fit as nicely as it did when it was affliated with Triple M. I think they need to go full hit to better conpete with Nova.

4 Likes

they definitely have seem to stabilized more than compared when they first made the move to Hit though

2 Likes

I feel overall, it’s not a great station to listen to anymore. The music is a weird mix, breakfast is boring and I’ve noticed that Matt is on the show less. I’m listening to spotify more than ever.

7 Likes

I get what you mean - having Farhnam, and then suddenly having Lizzo on after.

The struggle is there trying to keep their remaining legacy audience, and keeping in line with the Hit Network - especially during networked hours.

Perth needs more independence in a way - having a delayed 3hr drive time show is a turn off.

8 Likes

Fox breakfast will have guest co-host all this week as Fifi Box is with her kids in Disneyland in the US. For example, Tones and I co-hosted the show from 7.55am to 9am today.

EDIT

One lucky listener will also get the chance to host the show with Brendan Fevola and Nick Cody on Friday. SCA published an ad in today’s Herald Sun.

6 Likes

In Disneyland? Or off filming I’m A Celebrity?

1 Like

It’s just a week isn’t it? And I’m A Celebrity is live again this year isn’t it?

1 Like
5 Likes

We love Grace.

5 Likes

I’ve just had a look at Mix 94.5 music logs for today on lava and it looks like they have gone more towards the other Hit stations. They have also dropped the 80’s.

3 Likes

I think the wrong log was displaying yesterday on Mix. I noticed in the car the wrong song info was showing. It’s fixed today, still lots of 80s.

6 Likes

Just been listening to the “Eggcellent 300” Countdown on 2DayFM and the music in the last 30 minutes or so has been really good! (well for someone like me who is on the wrong side of 50 and well out of their target demos). Heard these.

Toxic - Britney Spears
Don’t Start Now - Dua Lipa
Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus
Point Of View - DB Boulevard
Holiday - Madonna

If they played more pop / lite rock like the above songs and less R&B / Hip-Hop, I would listen more often.

8 Likes
3 Likes

It looks like 2DayFM get their own dedicated $50k station tactic this time around, whilst the remainder of the network have to share with its Swifty & Fifty promo (which reminds me a lot of Nova’s First Class & $50k promo).

Good investment from SCA. Hopefully it’ll see an increase in their Sydney brekkie ratings.

2 Likes

Thoughts on Carrie and Tommy’s background ‘laugh track’ producer?

Surely its intentional to have her there and the laughing heard. But its also a bit much at times when shes crying of laughter in the background and Carrie or Tommy has barely chuckled

2 Likes

Unlikely. SCA have thrown so much money at 2day over the years and nothing helps. The best they can hope for is people that switch over from Kate Ritchie on Nova.

3 Likes

Abbie is co-hosting with Jimmy & Nath tonight. I wonder if that was the plan all along? Got rid of Grace who started with them and then Abbies producer and co-star also “quit”

2 Likes

That’s one way to ruin Jimmy & Nath :frowning_face:

1 Like