Hit Network

No one yet, I’m guessing maybe Zoe will be?

1 Like

I hope not MC. He is the last remaining connection to 2DayFM’s glory days. He is a brilliant announcer IMO.

2 Likes

I’m currently on holidays and I’ve noticed Hit has a new package in regional areas.

• New voiceover for station identification (same voice as Triple M Regional I believe)
  • News, weather and traffic sweeps have changed - it’s now called “HIT NEWS” instead of Hit News Briefing alongside new sound

Some elements of 2020 “Get That Feeling” package are still being used, but seems to be tweaked heaps.

6 Likes

Derrrr… HIT NEWS sounds a million times better than trying to cross-promote with their LiSTNR daily podcast, “The Briefing”.

I’m glad they went back to basics.

Speaking of which, why wouldn’t they call it a “NEWS HIT”?

7 Likes

When will the metros drop the ‘News Briefing’? It just sounds weird, especially on Mix during the day where the reader says ‘news briefing headlines’.

3 Likes

I reckon just call it news update and be done with it.

3 Likes

Hit104.7 Canberra have called it the “News Hit” for years. They never adopted “News Briefing”.

3 Likes

This may have something to do with them promoting iHeart Radio over Listnr with both Hit 104.7 and Mix 106.3 steam on iHeart Radio thanks to ARN’s involvement in both stations.

Yes SCA provide programming for Canberra fm (Mix 106.3 and Hit 104.7) but ARN manage the stations.

1 Like

Hit104.7 also promotes (and is available on) Listnr. The joint venture allows messaging/advertising from both ARN and SCA.

6 Likes

turns out its a new tagline for LiSTNR

8 Likes

Mix94.5 Perth has brought back it’s ‘Mix Means Variety’ positioner. Very happy with this move, I feel it’s the best one they’ve had.

5 Likes

Mix means Variety has always fit so well for 94.5 - good move for sure

2 Likes

I noticed just looking at their website, they use the same ‘The More Music Breakfast Show’ name as Smooth FM.

2 Likes

They’ve changed it this morning to The Most Music Breakfast Show. I think the website is still outdated. They also call the workday The Most Music Workday.

5 Likes

Ohhh… that sounds a bit naff tbh lol

2 Likes

It’ll change again I’m sure lmao. They been flipping between the two for months.

4 Likes

I can’t see that it’s been mentioned here… but it seems that 2Day has gone back to the networked Hit program at nights this year.

Haven’t they taken Abbie Chatfield and Jimmy and Nath since they launched last year?

1 Like

They did until around late November, but wasn’t sure if Abbie’s show was just off for the summer break or not …

Carrie Bickmore has received a slap on the wrist from her radio bosses for promising a massive cash prize to a listener without permission.

The former Project host, 42, was running an on-air competition with co-host Tommy Little on Wednesday when she decided to go off-script by increasing the prize money from $10,000 to a whopping $30,000.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/other/carrie-bickmore-s-radio-bosses-hold-crisis-meeting-over-30k-prize/ar-AA17PbgB

5 Likes