Hit Network

They start from Monday 5th December, airing at 4-7pm weekdays.

4 Likes

Again, will this include 2DayFM?

In recent years, they’ve been doing their own Summer music-based line up.

2 Likes

Kinda like the later drive show. Surely more people commuting home at 6:30 than there would be at 3.

3 Likes

School pickup starts around 3. That’s part of the reason why the earlier drive shows tend to skew a bit more female than the later shows which tend to be more broad.

3 Likes

You know what, I’m not so sure anymore in this post-Covid world. Afternoon peak seems to be starting earlier from what I notice. There’s also quite different patterns on different days of the week. Mondays and Fridays seem very light on the roads, and Tuesdays and Wednesdays are 2 or 3 times busier.

3 Likes

If ARN does re-runs of Will & Woody, this’ll go head-to-head with them.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Here’s some old documents I found buried away from B105.
There’s heaps more to share if anyone is partially interested.
Full link: https://imgur.com/a/mBJpIzG

9 Likes

I just love seeing the station referred to as FM104 rather than Triple M. The good old days of B105, FM104 and QFM. Although I recall they started ID’ing as Triple M almost immediately when B105 went to air, people referred to them as FM104 for years.

1 Like

I thought there was a period in between when they ID’d as FM104.5 … as I remember seeing an FM104.5 Rocks Noosa bumper sticker.

2 Likes

Did anybody listen to H&A across the Hit network this morning at breakfast?

How did it sound being pre-recorded? Was it pretty bland with no time & weather updates? And not even station ID mentions?

2 Likes

Yeah it was very brief though, when they moved from 104.1 to 104.5. It was just to highlight the frequency change for a few months and never really caught on.
It didn’t last long at all before they just went back to FM 104

2 Likes

I would say I have been, but Pete, Matt & Kymba is still airing on Mix94.5 as we speak

2 Likes

Who’s the host of the Saturday Night Party Playlist now the former jock got a gig on Nova93.7 Perth?

Also, is 2DayFM taking Hit Summer Nights with Nic Kelly? According to their website right now, “A Better Today” is the current show at 7:30pm.

2 Likes

Yes, they are.

3 Likes

I can also confirm “Summer Nights” is on 2Day right now.

I’m guessing it’s just a summer fill in program rather than any intention of returning to a full Hit format.

3 Likes

fwiw, Mix shows on its website that its currently playing Abbie Chatfield instead of Nic Kelly, even though Nic Kelly is playing on the audio stream:

May be why 2Day is also showing the “Better Today” program…

5 Likes

Yes more laziness from SCA not updating various portals to reflect summer schedules. Similarly, Triple M Central Coast’s RDS was also showing “Nights with Dave Gleeson” as the current on air program tonight when that’s also finished for the year.

4 Likes

Is Abbie Chatfield not usually on 2Day?

1 Like

They’re playing an entire episode each day. Today’s was Ep 166 from April 2022. The usual Hamish and Andy voice over (Rod Mullinar) is guiding it by introing/outroing each break. They’re making no secret of it just being the podcast played out which makes it less jarring than if they were trying to make it sound live. However they’ll just cut a break in the middle if it’s going too long without traffic/ads/music, picking up in the same spot when it returns. Traffic plays like usual like an ad. Tim Lee is live providing intros to some segments like what would be normal with a best of style show.

What gets me though is that the podcast has a flow to it. Lots of in jokes and references to previous episodes. It really needs to be listened to in order rather than picked up here and there, so I don’t think it will translate all that well on radio to an unfamiliar audience.

However I’m sure it will meet the goal of directing more people to the podcast - that’s surely why they’re doing being SCA’s most expensive talent.

10 Likes