Hit Network

Hit Network is once again counting down the top 100 songs of 2016, as voted by their ‘VIPs’.

Interesting that the metros are calling the Hit 100 while regionals are Hit List 100.

1 Like

But there’s no difference between the two?

I’d say the only difference is that capital city stations are each having a local presenter, wheras most regionals would be taking the same network presenter.

Listening to both and there does seem to be some differences. Not paying that close of attention to the order, but Fox FM Is currently playing Starboy at #39 whereas Hit regional (assume it’s just networked across the country?) had the same song at #34 earlier on.

I’ve noticed a few other songs in different positions too.

Love that Fox and KIIS are local, meanwhile in a sign of 2017 Nova is national.

1 Like

2Day FM 104.1 live from Dawes Point with the soundtrack to the Sydney fireworks.

1 Like

Hit 105 Brisbane also had the fireworks soundtrack with a live local announcer until just past midnight.

2 Likes

Who’s replacing Dan and Maz???

No replacements have been announced as yet.

Here we go again…

Daily Telegraph is reporting that Rove & Sam have been dumped from 2Day FM breakfast and will instead be hosting a national 7pm - 8pm program as of January 30th. They’ll be replaced by Em Rusciano and Harley Breen who begin on January 23rd

4 Likes

Not surprising. Sam Frost was a bad choice from the start. They should have replaced her before dumping Rove completely.

Confirmed by Em Rusciano’s Facebook.

Talk about leaving it to the last minute, far out. Place your bets: who’ll be hosting 2DayFM breakfast in 2018?

6 Likes

And so the revolving door that is 2DayFM breakfast claims another victim. While I certainly wish the new presenters the best of luck with their new roles, Lord only knows how long SCA management will stick with them! :rolling_eyes:

“In 2014 it was Merrick, Sophie, Jules and Mel B. In 2015, it was Dan & Maz. In 2016, it was Rove & Sam. In 2017, it was Em & Harley. In 2018…it could be you! 2DayFM is giving two lucky listeners the prize of a lifetime, the chance to present the 2DayFM breakfast show in 2018!”

3 Likes

I’ll wait to see this year’s Bachelor / Bachelorette line ups.

7 Likes

I think Em and Harley work well together… probably the best crew they have had since K&JO.

1 Like

Kyle and Jackie O’s casualties thus far:

• Merrick
  • Jules
  • Mel C
  • Sophie Monk
  • Dan
  • Maz
  • Rove
  • Sam

Gotta love SCA’s thinking though. Rove and Sam fail in breakfast in Sydney. So we will now network these two non-raters across all of our stations each night. Truly bizarre. I know that Rove would have a contract that lasted for longer than two years but…

Has any heard from a press release that SCA are standing by Em Rusciano and Harley Breen for the long term as building up a breakfast show will take many years?

Time by buy shares in the owners of highway billboards and bus shelter ads.

2 Likes

Facepalm

Do the execs at SCA not realise how bad it looks to continually outright lie to the audience about sticking with ‘talent’ and allowing a show time to build? This outcome was obvious from a mile off, what do they gain from all the false loyalty bullsh*t?

At least Rove will have a nice hefty pay packet for his one-hour shift, probably only 4 days a week.

2 Likes

Sounds like the Ten News revolution to me, only 10 times worse :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was personally thinking that 2DayFM breakfast is comparable with Seven News Sydney. Both probably thought they’d be #1 forever, but then they lost their best talent and are now rating lower.

2 Likes