Hit Network

correct, but media and strange people in here only see the 2Day numbers. The station is rebuilding, it’s going smoothly, not sure why there’s so much hatred towards the place.

This weekend is the Summer of the Noughties music.

1 Like

The Hit Network is doing everything right at the moment. For me at least…

New website has been launched for the Hit Network today.

Looks like they’ve amalgamated all the various hit network metropolitan apps (iOS at least) under just the one with all of the newly branded local stations the option to choose from over 30 feeds, much better designed and features than previously.

Dan and Maz have announced on facebook that they won’t be returning to radio next year. Their final weekend breakfast will be this weekend.

My guess is that Ryan and Tanya (hit104.7 Canberra breakfast) will be doing weekend breakfast next year. Ryan hinted on Snapchat a few weeks ago that they will be heard on more stations next year.

1 Like

Sad to see Dan and Maz end have really enjoyed their show over the years.

Maybe Em Rusciuno will move to weekend breakfast?

Let’s think about this for a moment. Has anyone actually said that Rove and Sam are returning to weekday breakfast? Doesn’t anyone else find it fitting how Dan and Maz are leaving and even with Rove and Sam’s numbers they are still on air. Is it possible Rove and Sam are doing Weekend Breakfast and Em and Harley are being trialled this Summer?

Yes.
Agree that Em is being trialled, but it’s too soon for her still.

What show is currently on between 4.00-6.00pm on the Hit Network during the Christmas holidays?

Hamish & Andy’s collectors edition (show highlights repeated).

I swear they’ve had more of that then the actual show.

4 Likes

Gemma Fordham Survey 8: “I will not rest until it gets into its rightful place”

I wonder if one day we will see ACE radio taken over by Southern Cross and see the MIXX stations becoming HIT FM

They definitely air more collectors edition/de ja vu hour than new content.

Re southernguy’s comment: Only if the directors of ACE Radio are keen to quit and SCA offers the best terms for acquisition will that happen.

All owners receive offers, many periodically, like clockwork. Most times, no one is keen to sell. Look at 3NE/2QN ownership or 4KZ/8HA, both with many small shareholdings, but they don’t choose to take the money and run.

Re TVHead’s comment - replays of H&A drive show is cheap and does nothing to grow the audience. Even FTA TV have moved beyond off ratings repeats. Very outdated and limited benefit. SCA on the cheap. Local talent should be given a go at drive, even if only a music announcer, get them on there.

Over summer, people have more time to tune into radio, experiment, listen at times they normally wouldn’t, to stations they normally wouldn’t. Pumping out ‘used’ content, irrelevant, non local content which doesn’t connect with the audience is not a smart move but most owners do do this.

Luke Bona on air overnight on MMM over summer is a great move, just what should be happening. Pity the bfast shows don’t follow on at 5:30 but instead have a gap until 6am, ridiculous.

3 Likes

ARN would pick the ACE stations up faster than SCA would I think: the AM stations seem to be positioning themselves as “News, Talk, and Only The Hits You Love”, the latter being used by Gold 104.3 in Melbourne too.

The tag line used by a station would hardly dictate who purchases it.
I think the reality though is that the owners of ACE Radio have no intention to sell.

1 Like

I think SCA would then have to divest the AM stations to maintain the “4 voices” rule.

Another Hit Network gem. #Hit100 Countdown today…

1 Like