Hit Network

So 2day play only 80’s & 90’s music

1 Like

They won’t. If they do that then most of the regional markets won’t have a hit music station. Quite a few regional centres such as the Central Coast and Newcastle, Central West rely on Hit for their hit music format.

3 Likes

Pete, Matt and Kymba on Mix94.5 is now using the slogan ‘Perth’s More Music Breakfast Show’. Also, have a new jingle, sweeper and music bed tune.

2 Likes

Are they actually playing more music at breakfast?

1 Like

Not really, it’s probably to align with their ‘Most Music; Most Variety’ slogan.

2 Likes

They’ll probably just speed up songs or cut them even shorter to say they play “more music”.

2 Likes

That’s a massive IF. If pigs could fly. Both events are highly unlikely in our lifetimes.

Now that is a tried and long proven statement of absolute 100% fact !

2Day just keeps twisting in the breeze … seemingly an endless process

2 Likes

They seem to be mentioning it specifically when they play two songs, without a talk break between them, which is honestly rare for an FM breakfast show.

2 Likes

2DayFM’s Nineties vs Noughties Countdown | Hit Network

Hopefully a move away from the 90’s Weekends - and the 80’s music.

2 Likes

Does 2DayFM still play any DJ Konsky Mash Ups?

Listening (again) to Blender Beats and I reckon some of these remixes could easily fit the 2Day format. A lot of “old school” remixes which would lift the positive feel of the New 2DayFM.

1 Like

Starting Monday in NSW

6 Likes

Mix94.5 Perth now using ‘More Music, More Variety’. Changed from ‘The Most Music; The Most Variety’. Is any other Hit station using this positioner?

1 Like

Stolen from Star 104.5 on the NSW Central Coast.

2 Likes

Na. They’re ‘more music variety’
This position was used by 2Day in 2018/19 from memory

1 Like

Just thinking… they should consider going back to their older positioner - Mix Means Variety.

4 Likes

Mix94.5 used the “More Music, More Variety” positioner back in 2001/2002.

2 Likes

I am in amazement that when you go to listen online to 2DayFM through their website you now need to create an account with LSiNEr - this involves passwords etc. Why would they make it more difficult to listen to a station? I know that it’s to increase engagement with lIStEnR, but I do not need another password etc on my laptop or phone.

And…
Before I was cut off as I am not signed up to LIStenER, I heard this in between songs on 2DayFM.

Voiceover: How does 2DayFM make your day a better today?
Faux Listener comment: “It means I sing and I dance - I don’t care who’s watching”

Lame.

6 Likes

Re-directs you to this page

2 Likes

That is it - sign up or you don’t hear the music.

I chose the latter.

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s annoying having to sign up for everything.

8 Likes