Hit Network

Haven’t 2Day learnt that chopping and changing hosts hasn’t got them anywhere? As hard as it is now they have to persist with Hughesy, Ed and Erin.

One day Kyle and Jackie O will finish at KIIS and Hughesy, Ed and Erin will have all the momentum going forward if they are still on the breakfast slot at 2Day at that time.

3 Likes

Kyle and Jackie O finishing up won’t magically turn Hughesy, Ed and Erin into a good show.

9 Likes

Nor is there any sign of them going anywhere

7 Likes

and I’m sure 2Day will try and get Danny Lakey to join Abbie, they would be the next Kyle and Jackie O!

7 Likes

There is a reason Danny Lakey has moved around so much in a short time and its not because he likes the scenery.

4 Likes

What’s the deal with that? Hard to work with?

2 Likes

If SCA were smart they would take a KIIS personality and pair them with Abbey, and who is her close friend? Nights and K&JO show fill in Mitch Churi… Thats my pick. Could they beat KJ? no. But they would be a strong duo. Even Jase from 101.1 for Abbey maybe???

5 Likes

Lakey just moved. Plus they need someone to contrast abbey - from listening to her on FOX at night she needs to be channeled and complimented, not egged on by a Lakey type

1 Like

Ok ok ok. Why put all your eggs in one basket with Abbie?? Hello? Mike E and Emma have an established following.

They are the damn obvious replacements.

7 Likes

Agreed! The fact that SCA has this great (and tried and true talent in the Sydney market) in THEIR company, and that they aren’t even considering them for 2Day Breakfast really is an insult.

Not to mention that they’re willing to shake up Hit Nights again if Abbie does host breakfast as well, sometimes I have to wonder, what is SCA wanting for 2Day, and the Hit Network?

6 Likes

SCA programmers are insane if they follow through with what is being reported.
2day fm and even Nova cannot compete with KIIS while Kyle and Jackie O stay where they are at KIIS.

IMO Abbie or Mike E and Emma would sound out of place with the current 2day fm format at Breakfast.

2day fm going younger / CHR, they would loose more of their existing listeners then they would gain. The ratings would go very bad., forcing them to return back to AC.

I cannot see anything working to improve the ratings situation for 2day fm or even Nova 96.9 until Kyle and Jackie O leave KIIS.

Maybe SCA is considering dropping Erin and pairing Abbie with Hughesy and Ed on the back of the success of the masked singer???
No change of format would be required.
Mike E & Emma get promoted to nights across the Hit Network. This still would not fit 2day’s format but would be fine for Fox / B105 and the regional Hits.
This is how it could potentially play out.

10 Likes
4 Likes

this seems rather unhinged for a federal politician?!

2 Likes

That’s hilarious! Yes, you’d have to be unhinged to want to be a politician in the first place (aside from the perks).

2 Likes
8 Likes

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

3 Likes

I sort of get the idea…same as the last ad…women may lose control of themselves when tuned to 104.1…except the ad is a little dark and does not feel like it was filmed 2Day - more like 1972.

1 Like

I’m more concerned about Hughesy’s creep face.

How long can 2Day keep calling themselves the “new 2Day FM” for?

5 Likes

Never before in the history of hospitality, have three more unrelaxed and rigid customers walked into a Chinese restaurant for a feed.

3 Likes

Does SCA have any plans to rollout 2DAY’s predominately 80s and 90s feelgood format to all the other Hit stations (metro and regional) around Australia? I know MIX FM in Perth already has this format.

1 Like