Hit Network

Also makes it over the Ditch as Friday Jams Live.

https://www.zmonline.com/whats-on/zms-friday-jams-live-returns-this-november/

3 Likes

Wow. But isn’t ZM aligned with iHeart?

3 Likes

Their parent company NZME was owned by ARN for a bit, and they hold the NZ rights to iHeartRadio, but that’s all now, so no real current link to any Australian network.

4 Likes

I know that Mix has been affiliated with Hit for almost two years now, but geez, if you told me that Mix would be the partner station for RnB Fridays Live back in 2020, I would laugh so hard…

Just how much Hit influence that Mix94.5 has now compared to when they just had the Today Network logo and that’s all back in the early 00’s is pretty crazy.

Still think Mix is better off as a Hit station though.

2 Likes

I agree, Mix was always seen as the daggy station!! I love it as part of Hit, I feel the years it was aligned with Triple M were the worst.

5 Likes

Mix94.5 Not a fan week days after 3pm and turn off R/B Friday’s

3 Likes

RnB Fridays has its own station now. Does it really need to be on the main stations? I can’t stand it and change over every single Friday. Sooner or later I’ll just be leaving it on Nova. I’m sure I’m not the only one who turns off regularly every single Friday.

1 Like

Way better than Kennedy Molloy!! That was a disaster

2 Likes

I enjoy having a music feature on one of the days. Would be boring having the same every day!!

1 Like

It’s awful from a 2Day perspective. There’s just no new music and 3 days a week they go off brand.

Fridays - RnB Fridays
Weekends - All 90’s every weekend

The other Hit Network playlists are so much better. At least they have new and current music.

4 Likes

I find it strange being called 2Day and not playing today’s music… maybe it’s just me.

3 Likes

Completely agree with the last two comments above. Hence, why I think The Fox does the Hit Network best.

4 Likes

I disagree. The AC format works well for 2DayFm. The music is much better than pre-2018, before it changed formats. Their ratings have also increased since the change to an AC format. R&B Fridays is a national show on the Hit network, so it wouldn’t make sense for them to can it in the biggest market, even though it is also on DAB.

KIIS owns the CHR space and Nova is Hot-AC and there isn’t space for 3 Hit music stations in Sydney, as the ratings demonstrated for 2DayFm from 2014-2017.

As annoying as it is to say, you’re right.

How else has 2Day been able to lure a client like 10 and Hyundai for their current tactic? Their biggest local tactic in a while.

1 Like

-Daily Telegraph.

I’m surprised it took this long for rumours to circulate Hughsey, Ed and Erin were getting the boot from 2Day Breakfast. Not sure she’s the answer but at least she resides in Sydney.

8 Likes

I thought they were starting to better

1 Like

But would this mean that 2Day returns to Top40 I wonder? Can’t imagine Abbie on 2Day’s current format

4 Likes

passing the poison chalice to Abbie won’t work.

Jimmy and Nath would be their best bet.

1 Like

2Day really should’ve went for Mike E & Emma when the year started tbh, instead their talent is being wasted on DAB+ :confused:

9 Likes

I agree.

Between Mike E, Emma, Jimmy, Nath and Abbie, you’ve got some good talent there.

They need to do it right otherwise you’ll waste the talent like they did with Dan & Maz.

7 Likes