Hit Network

Can I ask, why did SCA decide to move Mix from 92.9 to 94.5?

1 Like

Mix has never been on 92.9

Mix was an outlier station in SCA’s portfolio which had a music log based on the previous regional Triple M logs before they flicked to pure rock earlier this year.

Since the Hit network skewed older in the rebrand earlier this year, Mix could then join the Hit network with minimal change, while the low rating 92.9 could join the Triple M network and take on the Rock audience that has been underserved for years.

8 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Hughesy and Ed social media accounts have been updated.

Twitter - https://twitter.com/hughesyanded?s=21

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hughesyederin/

4 Likes

It’s a great photo. Hit has had some dodgy photos of on-air teams so good to see them make the effort.

3 Likes

I’m so glad other people are noticing this stuff too - it’s annoying to see!

4 Likes

Kat Markey who has now left 92.9 will only be on Mix has a casual announcer no full time gig for her currently.

2 Likes

Aren’t they just rebranding the current 2Day Breakfast page?

1 Like

It doesn’t seem that way. They might decide to merge the two pages into one, but at the moment it seems the Hughesy and Ed accounts will be the main one.

2 Likes

I was expecting this was going to happen. Let’s hope we see them give it a red hot go this time.

1 Like

Been listening to MIX 94.5,

So far im feeling somewhat confused as a listener (online), like their song playlist sounds all over the place would put off their former listeners to another station.

Im guessing they might take on the HIT music format similar to 2DAY/FOX/SAFM and B105 sometime in the new year.

6 Likes

Mix 94.5 have (re)introduced the “Roadrunners” as their street team. Roadrunners are what they used to be called on PMFM back in the day (because 96.1 Triple M had the “Triple M Thunders”).

5 Likes

I think back then some stations used the Toyota 4Runner 4WDs for this, possibly a bit of cross promotion with Toyota because of the similar name

images.jpeg-2

1 Like

PMFM had Toyota Rav4 RoadRunners. Not sure what these Mix ones are.

2 Likes

Bieber into Farnham just now :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

96FM had Land Cruisers pre Triple M (Mark I)

1 Like

Possibly using the hit92.9 Jeeps. Triple M are using a Ford Ranger

2 Likes

Worse then a SRN playlist.
Surely they are not going to continue with this miss matched playlist log term?
They will loose a fair share of their existing listeners to 96 fm and any of the Hit 92.9 listeners who are sampling Mix will go to Nova.

I still stand by my opinion that SCA will stuff up Mix and it will end up rating similar to the former Hit 92.9. In the short to medium term the changes will only make 96fm and Nova more dominant in the Perth market.

2 Likes

Now that it’s a “Hit” station, is Mix 94.5 Perth playing a modified version of the Hit jingle that ends with “This is Mix!” rather than “This is Hit!”? Since Mix 106.3 Canberra is taking their log at specific hours, this could be a problem if the above is true.

2 Likes

I think its the ‘94.fiiiiiiiive’ instead of ‘miiiiixxxx’.

4 Likes