Hit Network

No problem with jingles between two stations. Zetta can handle using the same playlist with different jingles.

5 Likes

Yeah, unlike SAFM, Fox, 2Day, they’re really forcing the 94.5 part in there. You don’t here the others mention the frequency, but instead of “this is Miiiiiiix”, they’re dropping “this is” and saying “Mix ninety four point fiiiiiiiiiive”. Due to the number of syllables, the “Mix” part almost disappears.

Even with the “Get That Feeling” sweepers, they’re saying “Get That Mix 94.5 Feeling” instead of just “Get That Mix Feeling”. It doesn’t really roll off the tongue. I honestly don’t know why they’ve done it that way.

6 Likes

I believe Canberra are just taking the music logs, not an actual feed of Mix 94.5. In which case, they have their own sweepers and announcers.

3 Likes

The frequency 94.5 was and still is a big part of the station’s brand. It was even just known as 94.5 for quite a while.

Similar to B105 in this regard, where the frequency almost is the brand.

4 Likes

There’s been a number of current and former HIT network stations that used the frequency as their brand at some stage.

FM93 Wagga Wagga
FM93.9 Young
FM104.7 Canberra (later just 104.7)
FM105.5 Coffs Harbour
FM105.9 Orange
99.5fm Mildura

7 Likes

Yep. This is a masterclass in the destruction of the former number 1 station.

Former 94.5 listeners in my circle of acquaintances HATING this new format, and Facebook doesn’t look much happier either.

SCA better hope 92.9 picks up new audiences that had abandoned radio, or they’re in deep trouble.

EDIT: R&B Friday’s tomorrow is gonna be hilarious!

7 Likes

Also FM 96.1 Mount Gambier

4 Likes

Fox FM are advertising the anchor role for Fifi, Fev and Nick.

2 Likes

Triple M is sounding good. Have seen a few comments from people saying they have moved across from 96FM. Be interesting to see if they can recover after losing potentially 320,000 listeners to other stations when Hit 92.9 ended.

6 Likes

Presuming it’s a silent anchor role

2 Likes

That, and the Canberra log is three hours ahead of Perth due to timezones.

3 Likes

No R&B Fridays on Mix 94.5 (thank goodness). It’s still odd hearing super old songs next to new stuff. The station has an incredibly broad playlist. Have any of the other Hit heritage stations broadened their playlist (SAFM would be most likely IMO)?

4 Likes

SAFM (along with 2Day, which takes the same log) has recently stopped playing 80s music on its normal playlist.

4 Likes

Digital Producer for the Hit Network, Fox FM and Hughesy and Ed, Ben Turner is departing after 8 years at Hit.

2 Likes

Fridays lunchtime.

4 Likes

Yep, just heard it on air. Not too offensive to the ears so far.

3 Likes

Not enough. Needs to be longer.

1 Like

The regional Hit stations have. They play the odd 80s song.

4 Likes

So Mix 94.5 only play Rnb Fridays between 12 to 3pm, while the rest of the hit network have it 9am to 3pm?

2 Likes

12-1pm

I doubt it will be around for long

3 Likes