Hit Network

Where? Can’t find it.

1 Like

It was on that podcast or show that they do. Saw tweets about it yesterday.

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2020/05/27/exclusive-kate-langbroek-to-return-to-hughsey-kate/?feed_id=3482

1 Like

Link is broken lol oh well.

1 Like

Hughesy Kate and Ed. They have a long history as long as they don’t ditch Ed it’ll be alright.

2 Likes

Thank God she’s returning. Maybe I’ll start listening again then.

4 Likes

I don’t get why they would want her back to be honest, their content is so much fresher and less stale, and markedly younger skewing with Ed, plus he seems to put some effort in unlike Kate. Their online stuff and extra podcasts etc are exactly whats needed these days.

2 Likes

A new look app has been launched.

3 Likes

Fox had dead air for at least 10 minutes between 1500-1510

4 Likes

That’s just Carrie and Tommy

5 Likes

No backup music?

2 Likes

Nope. Nothing. Just silence

3 Likes

I was on the Fifi, Fev & Byron Show this Morning on FOX 101.9!

8 Likes

Congrats man!

Not sure why they felt the need to take the piss but you ultimately win by getting the air time!

5 Likes

Yeah it was a bit odd - I was mainly on so I could promote 6 News TBH!

4 Likes

Glad it wasn’t just me. I definitely felt they were disrespectful.

It sounded like you actually realised yourself half way through the interview.

4 Likes

More like Ash London’s voice tracked/low rating night show.

2 Likes

I think you are spot on here, 2DayFM has wasted so much time, effort & money with little to no gain. They have become obsessed with trying to prove to Kyle that they really didn’t need him. They should have gone back to basics and built the brand backup properly.

I absolutely hate the music KIIS 106.5 plays and their sound quality is disgusting. I’m actually loving their change to the “Feel good” imaging. I also like the way they are drawing from their 40 year history “2DayFM - Making Sydney Feel Good for 40 years of Hits”. It’s kind of comforting, makes you feel like 2DayFM has been with us on this long journey like family. I’m loving the random songs that you never hear any more, it’ll be tricky to get the balance right though, it could get old very quickly.

I was in radio for most of the 90s, I kinda agree with you on the 80s. They should take 80s off any rotation and play ONLY classics from the 80s once every 2-3 hours.

Get rid of all the kids with their screachy twinky voices and get some older jocks back on, need more male voices on air. Get rid of all the rehearsed fake “fun” shows. There is just way to much useless and boring chat. I don’t want to hear repeats of these shows overnight. I want 95% music, maybe more interactions with listeners like requests etc. Even one of those syndicated shows like they used in the 90s, I think one was called “Music All Night” etc. Keep it basic.

R&B Fridays is horrendous, they need to cut it and they need to cut those horrendous mixes and poorly done mashups. I also did 20 years as a nightclub DJ so maybe the poor quality of those gets on my nerves more than a normal listener.

A lot of stations used to start changing the vibe and pick up the pace as it got closer to 5pm on a Friday afternoon. I’ve always liked the idea of having a seperate “Weekend Crew”. Different energy voices etc.

Basic, fun shows in moderation, to start that building process again.

11 Likes

OMG YES YES YES

2 Likes

Very interesting comment you said about 2Day building from the ground up. Had they done this correctly (ie chosen a path and stuck with it) once Kyle left then who knows? The station would’ve been better established in 2020 than what it is today with all its lineup and format changes.

I still agree that 2Day needs to drop the 80s and even most 90s hits and focus on “2Day Hits” which could go back for the past 20-25yrs.

As for RNB Fridays, it’ll be interesting to see how much life is left in that brand.

2 Likes

Seems the Hit Network (Metro and Regional) is planning a “One Hit Wonder Wednesday” special this week. Heard a promo for it on Hit 90.9 Gold Coast this afternoon, and now these Facebook posts are going up on various pages.

5 Likes