Hit Network

2Day broke them.

6 Likes

Correct. They were bumped to weekend breakfast for about 14 months and then they both left radio completely.

Shame really. I thought they were 2Days best offering and had a really good product.

8 Likes

Dan & Maz were amazing talent that should have never been let go by SCA. I remember listening to them on Drive and Weekends and loved every bit of their content.

8 Likes

For those Dan and Maz lovers - Iā€™ve been told there were a lot of things happening behind the scenes that stopped any possible success they could have had. All was not rosy. Some former staffers donā€™t look on those days fondly at all.

5 Likes

I noticed with Hit Networkā€™s Easy Hits Slogan is Continuous Feel Good Favourites. I feel thats wrong now when the music is not Continuous anymore due to the commericals they air now

I wonder if SCAā€™s bosses know the definition of the word Continuous means

They should write out the definition of Continuous everytime Easy Hits Radio stops for Commericals

4 Likes

Ash, Angus & Dylan doing drive from 3pm-6pm starting from Monday for three weeks

4 Likes

Oh? Wow. Interesting.

2 Likes

What happened to Tanya?

Edit: Just found this

At least Ash & Angus have good chemistry, I assume Angus & Dylan too since theyā€™ve been doing the show together from what I can see.

2 Likes

Definitely sounds like they are testing the waters. They made reference to their ā€˜big bossā€™ Gemma Fordham at the start of the show as she gave them a pep talk.

Also I think itā€™s only a week rather than 3 weeks.

2 Likes

To replace who? Hughesy & Ed next year?

2 Likes

Maybe Sydney breakfast?

5 Likes

Of course, sorry. In the Fox market.

1 Like

Have really enjoyed what Iā€™ve heard of 2DAYā€™s 500 Feel Good Countdown. Some really good songs in there and some songs you wouldnā€™t usually hear. Hopefully with the break in ratings they can continue to open up the playlist.

5 Likes

Havenā€™t seen this mentioned - but Stav, Abby and Matt resumed doing the Hit105 Breakfast program together in the studio from last week. After previously having Stav and Abby broadcast from their homes for the previous month or so.

5 Likes

Are we expecting Kate to return to the show if she ever comes back? I hope not as Ed is so much better and Hughesy sounds so much fresher.

1 Like

Kate is no longer on contract. Ed is here to stay.

3 Likes

Cheers, still worried she could jump back on a new contract. I think sheā€™s very overrated and hard to listen to.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve just noticed looking through the playlists that 2Day in Sydney & hit107 in Adelaide are now sharing the same log. Kinda makes sense, considering both stations have a similar music format to one another.

5 Likes

Aaron Rich filling in for Byron Cooke this morning on Fifi, Fev and Byron.

Donā€™t get me wrong I like Aaron, but I donā€™t think heā€™s suited for breakfast radio. He is much better solo. The show doesnā€™t seem to flow without Byron.

2 Likes

TV Blackbox reporting Kate will return with Hughesy (and possibly Ed) next year.

6 Likes