Hit Network

That’s some poor ad loading

1 Like

Dylan, Tanya and Angus - Weekend Breakfast on The Hit Network

Superstar Dylan Alcott will join the Hit Network’s national weekend breakfast show alongside Angus O’Loughlin and returning Hit weekend breakfast host Tanya Hennessy .

Dylan Alcott is a Paralympic gold and silver medallists and world champion across tennis and basketball. He founded his own charity to help young Aussies, who are struggling to come to terms with their disability, fulfil their potential and realise dreams. He runs a business, is a TV Presenter, best-selling author, social advocate and broadcaster.

Dylan said, “I am really excited to be joining the SCA and Hit Network family. I am incredibly passionate about being able to use the medium of radio to reach out to and have fun with a broad range of Australians. It’s a personal and engaging medium and I love it! I see this move to the Hit Network as a great opportunity to work with two outstanding talents in Tanya and Angus and can’t wait to get on air with the team following my 2019 Australian Open tennis campaign.”

The Hit Network is excited to welcome back Tanya Hennessy to weekend breakfast in 2019. Tanya is loved for her hilarious and relatable content on YouTube and Facebook with over 1 million followers and last year took out Best Entertainment Presenter at the ACRA’s. She also released her first book Am I Doing this Right ?, an encyclopedia of life lessons that Tanya has learned so that you don’t have to, and added best-selling author to her repertoire.

Angus O’Loughlin joins weekend breakfast after almost two year’s co-hosting hit107 breakfast in Adelaide. Prior to this, Angus was entertaining the Hit Network’s national night’s audience for four years. Angus is a down-right radio nerd and is not afraid to reveal awfully personal things about his life, has a full celebrity phone book and fresh take on music and entertainment. Angus will continue to host the Trending 20 music country down with Ash London on Saturday nights.

The Hit Network’s Head of Content, Gemma Fordham, said, “I’ve been keen to get Dylan in the Hit family for some time now – finally he said yes! Dylan is a sensational broadcaster and all-round brilliant guy. I’m really excited about this show and I believe Australia will love waking up with Dylan, Tanya and Angus every weekend.”

Weekend breakfast with Dylan, Tanya and Angus 7am – 9am on The Hit Network.

3 Likes

Well, they’ve brought back beat the bomb/secret sound, they have the requisite amount of La Bouché (mainly on Friday unless you’re 2Day or SAFM) and ads.

Shame. All they’re missing is the thing that would probably boost their ratings back up, in Martin/Molloy.
So close yet so far.

4 Likes

Interesting read!
So that’s why KIIS let them go.

Will be interesting to see how the show goes this year given her move overseas.
I certainly wouldn’t have minded the idea of Hughesy and Tommy (Little) if that was an option :stuck_out_tongue:

ARN Came out at the end of 2017 and said they didn’t renew them because of this. There is a few articles on it!

2 Likes

2DayFM breakfast is back to being broadcast 100% from Sydney this year with all talent in the Sydney studios every day. Make sense since the producers based in Melbourne were moved on at the end of last year.

This does however mean that all three of the hosts are currently traveling to Sydney Monday-Friday and heading home to Melbourne or Bathurst on the weekend. Ash London is rumored to be looking for a permanent residence in Sydney again. Under sure if AB, her husband, will join her, or if Ed is planning on doing the same. It’s a near certainty that Grant will stay living in Bathurst.

4 Likes

Thank goodness for that. 2DayFM Breakfast should never have moved down to Melbourne (and yes, I’d be saying the same thing if Fox FM breakfast was produced up here) in the first place IMO!

Presenter wise, I’d be willing to predict that Ed might leave with the show being focused around Ash & Grant within the next 6-12 months.

Carrie and Tommy returned yesterday with both Carrie and Tommy away still. Their anchor Buzz continuing to anchor while they both are away. The show is currently called “Carrie and Tommy. The Maternity Break”. Ads for the program say they will return ‘soon’

1 Like

Hit929 is now ‘Perth’s #1 Hit Music Station’

1 Like

It appears despite the fact a national breakfast show is airing right now, that each station is continuing with their own playlists during the show.

During the weekday national shows all stations usually play the same songs.

2 Likes

They are playing there own playlist all right because on Weekend Breakfast on Hit107, just played The Horses by Daryl Braithwaite & a while ago played Friday I’m In Love by The Cure & I’m thinking surely that wouldn’t have aired nationally.

5 Likes

It’s a national network called “Hit” but the network cannot agree on what is meant by “hit” in different regions.

Same with Triple M. Same branding but different music.

I think that for a brand to have value it needs to be consistent. Australians know that KFC is chicken. Woolworths is fresh food. Chemist Warehouse is cramped isles and security guards that are prone to strip searching anyone with a backpack. Anytime Fitness? Got it - a 24 hour gym.

Networked radio should be consistent. A logo should have the same meaning in different markets.

12 Likes

Agreed. If they had their time again I’m sure they’d at least keep SAFM.

5 Likes

SAFM and the rest can return.

Tabcorp have done so for Ubet:

Perhaps once the current management is turfed when SCA is finally gobbled up; new owners, new management will see the light.

3 Likes

I would love to hear ‘Hobart’s Number 1 Hit music station, Triple T FM’…

3 Likes

Agree, should never have been removed.

Those Two Girls now going out to the Hit Regionals… (Sea FM and any other breakfast shows that start at 5 still do!)

1 Like

I think 2DayFM should ask for a partial refund from the agency that made this advertisement:

The station’s talent obviously filmed their contribution on a seperate day to the pub crowd. The crowd raise their phones into the air as they sing but every time the on air talent is singing there are no phones in the air.
Editing 101 is a good course. Too good to miss.
8 Likes

Fox FM’s Luke & Lewis will be airing nationally across the Hit Network starting this Sunday night. Expect an announcement on how this effects the brand’s night lineup - there’s that regional-only Hollywood show, plus Constance Hall’s show (if it hasn’t yet been dumped) and local shifts in Gosford/Canberra.

1 Like