Hit Network

Ok thanks. Far out I was just on the Hit App before @David made that comment. Still said Danny Lakey, obviously got updated just after.

Donā€™t you work for them. You should know.

4 Likes

How could you make such a false accusation?

Hit Nights has only been on air for a couple of mins (in Qld at least) and already prefer this to Danny Lakey, who is definitely more suited to late nights IMO. Keegs is a great talent!

To be fair, for some reason I also thought you worked there :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

on the subject of working there Hit105 and MMM in brisbane were recently advertising for a trainee broadcast technician. not sure if the job is still open but it could be a good way to get your foot in the door

1 Like

Ik right, Keegs is a truly great presenterā€¦ But who would you prefer Ash London or Keegan?

1 Like

Keegs. 1000%.

2 Likes

Agree, definitely Keegs > Ash London.

Iā€™m kinda surprised they didnā€™t announce him and Hit Nights to replace Ash London Live for 2019 since she was permanently appointed to 2day fm breakfast.

1 Like

I personally donā€™t see Ash doing both lasting past Easter. Thatā€™s a ridiculous schedule.

5 Likes

100%, especially if she will still be doing the Saturday trending 20 with Angus and Sunday Live & Local show - both no doubt pre-recorded.

Itā€™ll be her night show that suffers. Thereā€™s no way theyā€™ll let her give up breakfast and having to find another host so soon. Itā€™ll be Ash London Live that goes - and I think thatā€™s the plan. 6:30-8pm. Itā€™s way too easy to just get Danny to do 6:30-11pm when Ash ā€œdecidesā€ itā€™s too much to handle.

2 Likes

That would be the easy option, I think there are better options for them promoting internally than extending Lakey though.

I agree. Give them till early-mid 2019 and Ash London will most likely announce she can no longer do the long days.

Sheā€™d have to be one of the longer night show hosts the network has had in a while.

3 Likes

Keegs would be great doing a show 6.30-8 followed by Danny Lakey. Keegs could stay doing arvos on Fox FM then.

2 Likes

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/fox-top-survey-8-cumes

1 Like

just caught this on YouTube. for someone who has not been in the industry itā€™s really interesting (and for those of us who have worked in community radio itā€™s a nice insight to how those with money liveā€¦)

2 Likes

Looks like Hit have already updated their show billboards for next year:
Melbourne:
Sydney:
Brisbane:
Adelaide:
Perth:
National:
Sorry About Sydney being a bit biggerā€¦

3 Likes

Not a fan of those tbh.

2 Likes

where do the national shows come from? i think collective noun is from brisbane, but i assume the rest are from sydney or melbourne

Everything else is Melbourne except I think those two girls and possibly Danny Lakey might be Sydney?