Hit Network

I have no idea what you are on about.

Moving on.

2 Likes

Any news on Triple Mā€™s Sydney Breakfast, sorry but I couldnā€™t get any responses on that thread

Honestly couldnā€™t care.
I actually prefer H&K starting at 4:30 as it means I donā€™t miss much of the show by the time I leave work.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the Hit schedule The Chase.

I have to say that the visuals are about as appealing as a plain packaged packet of cigarettes.

2 Likes

Starting shows at different times to the competition would help reduce listeners switching to other stations at shift changeover, although at the cost of a reduction in the people switching over from other stations.

The times are actually better aligned to actually movements of people. 3-4:30 aligns well to school pickup, and 4:30-6:30 better aligns to people driving home from work.

5 Likes

Whereā€™s the regional Hit stations? Do they have their own one?

Thatā€™s a big schedule for Ash.

Iā€™d say MC might anchor 2DAY Breakfast.

already confirmed

1019 The Fox is now Summerā€™s Number 1 Hit Music Station

3 Likes

Anyone know whatā€™s happening tomorrow? Will Carrie and Tommy/ Hughesy and Kate repeats be on or will we just get local announcers like every Summer?

And Iā€™m assuming Hit Nights is back?

Those Two Girls for Summer Breakfast 6-9am, Definitely be Local Announcers 9-4 then maybe repeats of Hughesy and Kate?? But Iā€™m pretty sure Danny Lakey continuing for an extra two weeks 6-10pm, as Keegs is on holidays and Draco has moved to KIIS1065

My region still has Gawndy and Ash Pollard for another two weeks I think. But good to know about Wakey Wakey still being on.

1 Like

Sorry, yes Hit Regionals still have their local breakfast shows for another two weeks, Those Two Girls only on the metros

Iā€™ve always wondered why they go two weeks longer.

1 Like

Good question

Because the regional staff are mostly on standard full time contracts with just 4 weeks annual leave a year - so they get a couple of weeks for Christmas and a couple of weeks during the year (usually mid-year).

Metro breakfast announcers tend to be high profile, higher paid, high maintenance talent that demand longer holidays, on contracts that have very specific conditions and requirements - so their contracts are more based around having them on air really just for the ratings periods.

Additionally, the metro stations have enough staff to easily fill in the gaps when teams go in leave, whereas thatā€™s much harder to do in regional areas that have very limited staff numbers.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for this.

I think I prefer the regionals way of things!

2 Likes

Will Brendan fevola stay with FOXFM or will MacQuarie Media poach him to join MacQtyarue Sports Ratio 1278 Melbourne due to the Merger between Nine & Fairfax media being Confirmed last Friday?

He has a contract with Fox so isnā€™t going anywhere.

1 Like

So many staff ā€¦that it is a nationally networked breakfast show.

1 Like