Hit Network

Perhaps Mediawatch will look into the story, this could all be bunkum from News Corp’s GC Bulletin.

I’m not one to endorse what unions do, but they’ve got one thing right, a billboard at the CFMEU office, ironically in this case, the same building as the former 4BK and B105 studios in Campbell Street Bowen Hills is in prime proximity to News Corp’s Brisbane building.

The billboard reads:

“Is it true or did you read it in the Courier-Mail?”

Could be the case here, sounds fishy, more to investigate.

1 Like

Fev doing Fifi, Fev and Byron from the Perth studios this morning

He was for the later part of last week as well.

1 Like

He’s using the Mix 94.5 studio according to Instagram

1 Like

Ok, bye Em. It’s not like 2DAY have a sizeable audience who’d notice.

8 Likes

Not sure how true this is.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/2dayfm-staff-refuse-to-work-with-breakfast-host-em-rusciano/news-story/50eaad3b740285118f36ce9e91c6fb23?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_source=DailyTelegraph&utm_campaign=EditorialSF

Not read it, Tele/Murdoch, however generally:

Where there’s smoke there’s fire. Someone has felt aggrieved enough to contact a journo and have a whinge.

This should not be a matter for HR, long prior to this, it is the responsibility of the ‘team leader’, who are the content director of 2DAY and the group content director.

Who is the current content director of 2DAY?

1 Like

I believe it’s Jase Allen, who’s been in the role since February 2017. Although if 2DayFM breakfast is still produced in Melbourne (something The Daily Telegraph probably should’ve mentioned in their article), who knows how much of a say he even has over that program.

1 Like

Well him and Gemma need to get a better understanding about dealing with talent, it seems the horse may have bolted.

It’s still his station, so he would be the decision maker, even if they’re in a different state. There can be a ‘boss is away’ mentality though when the boss isn’t physically in the same office as you, and has to direct over the phone or via email.

I don’t know that it’s those two dealing with the talent that’s the main issue… sounds more like the way talent treat those below them. Sounds like a mess.
I’ve personally never understood those types of attitudes - if you treat your team like crap you will never succeed whether it’s radio or carpentry.

2 Likes

The content directors are responsible for what goes to air. Those employed for that content report to them. They have ignored the staff if they’re leaving instead of better managing the tricky talent.

If the staff are leaving, the team leaders are not looking after the general staff. Typical sacrificial staff mentality of Austereo continues. They haven’t learnt a thing.

The immediate managers of the content staff are not looking after the staff. If they’re leaving, you can not spin it any other way.

1 Like

The music is great now ed & grant I’m enjoying I’ve followed ed since he was on triple m Brisbane he seems an awesome guy.
Seriously they are a team & sorry but em has got to put that big ego of hers aside & be a team player or just leave.
My choice would have to be robin Bailey from triple m brisbane relates well to the audience very down to earth & is a team player.
I listen from new- zealand to a variety of radio but I believe 2 day is becoming a must listen

I try not to read or look too much into Peter Ford’s vague tweets, but found the reply from Daily Baily interesting…

1 Like

Correct

It is

He’s spends a lot of time in Melbourne.

True, but Gemma is now based in Melbourne. Managing this show was one of the reasons for her move. The amount of Hit network contect produced out of Melbourne would be another.

1 Like
1 Like

So 2DAY CD Jase Allen spends lots of time in Melbourne. 21 other hours in the day of programming on 2DAY.

Their next objective should be to find suitable talent for the demographic who are already based in Sydney or happy to move to make it their base like Christian is for Gold.

Em is nothing like Kyle. The Kyle & Jackie O show isn’t number 1 because Kyle is difficult to work with…

1 Like

I’m not a particular fan of either Em Rusciano or Kyle Sandilands but the last I checked, The Kyle & Jackie O show is usually the #1 or #2 breakfast show on Sydney FM radio.

Of course Alan Jones on 2GB is the #1 breakfast show on AM and overall in the market, but somehow I wouldn’t be overly surprised if he’s also difficult to work with for some…

3 Likes