Hit Network

If you want to put it simply then Kyle and Jackie O were #1FM within 1-2 years of doing 2Day FM Breakfast, Fitzy and Wippa weren’t #1FM after 1-2 years of doing their own Sydney Breakfast Show so it doesn’t matter who started first the facts are that K&J are #1 and Fitzy and Wipper aren’t.

1 Like

K&J had different / no competition, unlike Fitzy & Wippa.

In the same way that Hamish & Andy were easily #1 in their first go at drive because there was little/no competition, but struggled to rate anywhere near as well in their latest shot against a number of other really strong drive shows.

1 Like

Am I the only one that remembers Merrick and Rosso??

Except for Melbourne though

This thread is so far off topic it hurts my head. Can we just move on please?

4 Likes

Yes.

9 Likes

Here, here @David. It is a terrible read, constant bickering, personal comments that add nothing to the true topic.

Mods should try a mass delete of posts.

1 Like

Not going to do that. What’s done is done, but can we now focus on the Hit Network, in 2018.

2 Likes

Is 2DayFM now uninterrupted music 9:00am to 3:00pm? (I’m not going to listen to find out). If there’s in addition to no ads, no promos, time calls and inane comments from an announcer, that might rate? Although someone mentioned on another thread that uninterrupted music isn’t radio it’s a stream.

There are promos and announcers during this time, yes. Just no commercials.

1 Like

Are they still doing the shortened/reduced sweepers strategy that they had in January? Hit network stations don’t do time calls much during the day from my experience, but other announcer breaks are OK, provided they are done right. Breaks that are quick and relevant add to the listening experience compared with an iPod/Spotify etc. However, breaks that drag on with needless irrelevant babble detract from the station too.

2 Likes

No they were just for the first week of Em Grant and Ed, they now have sweepers saying More Music More Variety, 104.1 2DayFM and Sydney’s Longest Block of Music with no ads, 104.1 2DayFM if anything their sweepers of gotten bigger from what they were when they had the Hits and Old School CHR Format, the sweepers then were, Hey this is Artist Name on Sydney’s home of Hits and Old School, 1041 2Day FM.

1 Like

They are also doing 6hour ad free on the weekends too.

SCA starting to reference to hit107 as ‘107.1’ on air once more, which hasn’t really happened since they rebranded from SAFM.

How on earth did the suggestion of Daryl Somers on 2DayFM breakfast go unnoticed?

4 Likes

Late April Fools’ whoever floated this idea do you think @lovethedrake???

Been doing it since Feb

2DAY bfast producer needed in Melb:

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/jobs/2day-fm-breakfast-audio-producer-based-melbourne

Canberra Radio Ratings out tomorrow:
My Guess
Hit+
Mix106-
ABC+
2CC-
Hit will take out #1FM maybe #1 because Skyfire 30 in the middle of Survey 1

1 Like

Isn’t Skyfire just a one night event? How many weeks is the survey?

2 Likes

Yes but Hit sponsor the event and that would then boost ratings for the next week or two