Hit Network

May I suggest you watch all 5 eps of the history of Australian radio? They’re on YouTube.

1 Like

Kyle (mostly him) and Jackie may see themselves as gods, and innovators of Aussie radio, but they really aren’t lol

3 Likes

For that type of show they definitely implemented it first. I remember you would have pre recorded ads and sponsor ads but Kyle and Jackie O started reading them as it was more of a personal touch and their loyal listeners believed them (for some reason) its like affiliate marketing now, but they made a huge chunk of cash doing it and then everyone followed on FM.

I thought someone like John Laws would’ve been doing live reads with a personal touch years before K&J.

5 Likes

No they didn’t. Watch Thanks For Listening. That’s your homework for the weekend, there will be a quiz, you will be marked. :wink: :rofl:

3 Likes

And if you fail, there will be detention supervised by ElCapitanCranky! …. That should be enough incentive to want to pass!

2 Likes

Yeah. Don’t mess with the bull, you’ll get the horns. :wink:

1 Like

On what I’m saying is, in my history of listening to radio I remember it was normal ads then Kyle and Jackie O started live reading nearly all of their ads and the rest of the FM stations started doing it but because of this they made so much more money than others in the same field.

3 Likes

Trying to find out why Matt On Mix94.5 breakfast show isn’t on air much these days. Even though it’s Advertised as Pete,Matt&Kimba…… No Matt.

2 Likes

i wonder if Matt will be leaving soon… will Mix survive another loss to the brekky team? I think Clairsy was hard enough of a loss

1 Like

Yes, it’s been this way for quite a while now. I don’t know if he has the same arrangement as some other stations, where the 3rd person seems to start at 7am, or is only on for certain features. It’s very strange. Could he be starring in a live show at the moment? I know he does acting/stage shows, etc…

1 Like

I do feel something needs to change in Mix breakfast. It feels tired and stale, with the same recycled content.

3 Likes

Today on Mix brekky….

1 Like

Staged? That’s K&J style right there.

2 Likes

Well it’s wrestling so obviously bullshit. How bad was the acting? :joy:

3 Likes

This wrestling bs has to be staged. Today Pete was talking about whether he should go in the ring with Mike lmao and getting texts and calls… boring.

Also, less and less of Matt. I think he may be leaving soon.

3 Likes

they’re STILL going on about it? :roll_eyes:

Mix breakfast definitely has fallen from grace - I can’t see how this helps them gain listeners, if anything this will make them lose listeners.

I definitely do think Matt is leaving soon, the show doesn’t fit him at the moment, and nor is he getting the attention he deserves.

2 Likes

FOX FM’s Fifi, Fev and Nick will be attempting a World Record Radio Show with a plan to broadcast live for 27 hours.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsR8XrFSgii/

3 Likes

Not sure how this is a world record… Jase and PJ were on air for 56 hours.

8 Likes