Hit Network

Agreed. It’s more variety, but with more talk at the moment.

Clearly the shows are the stations weakness, not its music.

4 Likes

2DayFM breakfast 2022?

2 Likes

Big blow for Nova.

1 Like

Really?

1 Like

If responding to me - then yes, it is.

The podcast is very successful for Nova, and it’s their best performing podcast.

1 Like

We are on the hunt for new Promotions crew members to join the 2DayFM Black Thunders and Triple M Rock Patrol in Sydney on a casual basis!

3 Likes

So now 2Day don’t play any new music? (Not according to the playlist)

That’s not the best move. They should follow the B105 playlist. That’s quite good.

2 Likes

They recently played Adele’s Easy on Me, but apart from that I haven’t heard no other recent hits in the last couple of hours.

2 Likes

Just checked. That is the only new song they’ve played at all today.

3 Likes

Might be looking at stealing listeners from 2WS and Smooth by being somewhat the same but still different.

2 Likes

But what’s the strategy to actually get them to sample it?

People who liked the hit music would have switched off, but where’s the promotions to get people to sample the new format?

4 Likes

Nothing of course.

Gemma Fordham still there? Lovely lady obviously but she’s had enough goes at this. Time to clean house.

5 Likes

They have Ed Kavalee that used to do it. Just make him do it again.

2 Likes

I know I’m clutching at straws here, but…

WSFM. They haven’t been branded as “2WS” on-air for about 20 years now, JBar! :wink:

Going by what I heard yesterday, I think Smooth are slowly moving away from their core music format to include younger, heavier tracks that were 2DayFM staples in previous years.

Really, how do songs from Kid Rock or Bruno Mars fit on a station which for years had been positioned as “Sydney’s easy place to relax”?!

Why am I not surprised? Don’t think any of 2DayFM’s music formats have been promoted too well in recent years, the ratings largely reflect that.

She’s still Head of the Hit Network, but surely Matthew “Eggo” Eggleston (as station Content Director) would be making most of 2DayFM’s day-to-day programming decisions? Since his current stint in the chair only began in May, don’t expect him to leave anytime soon.

2 Likes

Mike Hammond left after only weeks on air. Anything is possible at 2Day lol

1 Like

Forgive me since I’ve never been a listener. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Which has actually cost them listeners and therefore is an opportunity for 2Day to pick up some of those and more.

1 Like

LOL yeah, that’s true.

Realistically, I would’ve thought WSFM & 2UE are more likely to benefit from disenfranchised Smooth listeners than 2DayFM.

1 Like

Disenfranchised Smooth listeners would be more likely to head to 2UE and 2CH (even if on DAB only), rather than 2DAY or WSFM.

2 Likes

I actually think it 2Day had made this change immediately when Mix106.5 became KIIS, it could’ve potentially saved the station.

They’re clearly trying to pull across any former Mix listeners who’ve either stayed with KIIS, or headed over to smooth.

3 Likes

And maybe some younger WSFM listeners too.

2 Likes