Hit Network

I’ve heard so many mistakes like that.

Since when does 90s mean a dash of 80s?

4 Likes

Yesterday there was more than a dash of the 80s!

Right this second they are playing Erik Carmen’s Make Me Lose Control. Great song but not recorded between 1990 and 2021.

Maybe 2DayFM are using a different calendar.

3 Likes

Every time I’ve switched over I’ve heard an 80s song. They make me question my good general knowledge of 80s and 90s music. I feel like they’re gaslighting me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

These are some of the songs they’ve played which are so obviously 80s:
*Wham!-Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
*Madonna-Material Girl
*Bananarama-Venus
*Kenny Loggins-Footloose
*Martika-I Feel The Earth Move
*Fleetwood Mac-Everywhere

6 Likes

And The Time of My Life which came out in 1987, this song seems to be always playing when I switch on 2day fm.

Get that feeling from the 80’s to now is more like it.

5 Likes

Ironically, they would’ve been better off not changing their positioning statement. It was “The Hits You Love From Then to Now”, which works regardless of which era music they play. Just because all stations in the network share the same positioner, doesn’t mean they can’t tailor the music to the market they’re in. Mix94.5 is a perfect example of this.

8 Likes

Totally agree

3 Likes

It’s like they are afraid to admit they play 80s music.

I don’t know if maybe their target audience think 80s music isn’t cool but they kind of like it?

5 Likes

Yes probably not far from the truth.

3 Likes

To be fair, I’d probably rather not admit that 1990 was 31 years ago :joy:

7 Likes

Mike Hammond didn’t last long at 2Day. Gone and replaced by Zoe Sheridan.

6 Likes

Yet they continue to inflict Dave Hughes on Sydneysiders.

Every time I see an unread post in this topic I hope it’s news that Hughes has been shafted.

7 Likes

Wow, it wasn’t even three months ago that we heard that Mike was joining 2DayFM! :open_mouth:

Of course it’s a return to 2DayFM for Zoe, as she’s another presenter from their 1990s/Early 2000s glory days! :wink:

Even though ratings went up slightly during the last survey, surely it can’t be that long before we’re again hearing news that 2DayFM will have an exciting* new breakfast show next year?!

*In reality, probably more of the same with different announcers.

3 Likes

In years to come, the mismanagement of 2DayFM breakfast and music policy will be used as a case study, much like the Kodak and Blockbuster failures.

5 Likes

to me, he will always be the voice of foxtel

5 Likes

He was Mr Foxtel indeed. Hosted Billboard on Qantas inflight entertainment as well for quite a while before Rosie Beaton and that short lived game show on 7. His sound on 2day didn’t sound as polished as his older style work

5 Likes

Yeah, I’d probably also associate Mike Hammond most with Foxtel (presented a lot of their promotional/corporate stuff for at least a decade) although no doubt there are others around here who are old enough to remember when he was on Channel Ten in the Early '90s!

Concentration. I believe it ran in 1997 during the 5pm timeslot, as competition for Burgo’s Catch Phrase on Nine.

1 Like

He will always be the host of Gladiators to me

2 Likes

His voice on their automated phone system is bloody annoying.

2 Likes

I remember when Zoe Sheridan was co-host of the nightly HOT 30 show on B105 in the mid 90s ,when they still had local programmes :confused:I worked mainly evening shifts at work back then and we used to listen every night.
Also part of the program was Osher Gunsberg ,then known as ‘Spidey’ ,then Andrew G,was a Black Thunder driver and also did midnight to dawn shifts at the station

7 Likes