Hey Hey It's Saturday

A special tribute to Ernie as was seen on tonight’s 9 News.

YouTube: dontv3192

12 Likes

I liked Ossie Ostrich,Sad to hear about the death of his creator and voice😕

4 Likes

A legend , RIP. Loved Ozzie Ostrich growing up watching up Hey Hey Its Saturday night, when did Ozzie stop appearing on Hey hey? Was it around mid-1990s? I am trying to think. (too hard)

1 Like

Ernie Carroll left Hey Hey at the end of 1994.

5 Likes

Ahh yes, thanks Tane. :slight_smile:

1 Like

He did also return for several episodes in 2009 and 2010.

5 Likes

Tonight during the Good Friday Appeal telecast, Daryl Somers mentioned the story of a 16-year-old Paul Dowsley, who was initially (and jokingly) sent out of the studio after posing a question to John Farnham regarding the latter’s song Sadie (John was a special guest at the same time) during an episode of Hey Hey in 1988. Paul was then invited back to the studio to properly ask the question to John.

Seven even showed the clip to prove it.

Paul is now a senior reporter at Seven News Melbourne and Daryl crossed to Paul at the tally room to talk about the experience.

Does anyone remember this?

Edit: here is the clip:

9 Likes

Sounds the same now! :joy:

Just awful. Thoughts are with John.

4 Likes

That’s very sad to hear :confused:. I used to enjoy his comments during “Hey Hey it’s Saturday “ and of course his Dickie Knee character.

6 Likes

de Visser was Hey Hey’s musical director from 1985 to 1990, according to Daryl Somers’ FB post.

5 Likes

Funny clip!

What would have made the moment funny would have been if Paul, asked the panel a question and security thrown him out again!

1 Like

So Somers cannot pay his bills now… guess hes running out of money now