Hey Hey It's Saturday

I wouldn’t touch it anyway. People get offended at the lifting of a pen, so can’t see it working without the people with nothing important in their lives complaining.

1 Like

If this 50th Anniversary Special does air, then id have it air as a once off only. And as a pre-recorded special in the style of interviews with cast members , crew and some special guests to camera, like what they do in 20-to-1. Show some clips too. With Daryl Somers being the “main commentator/ speaker”. I wonder if there is much footage of the show (and Daryl) winning the Logies in the 80s and 90s they can air?

Unfortunately, gone are the days of having a studio audience variety type show here in Australia, even as a special. Only works in some reality shows.

2 Likes

Look, the show really shouldn’t return as a special, but if it were to, it should only be on Nine. How can you have this special without Livina Nixon given how big her role was on the show?

2 Likes

I agree. But one would imagine that current day Nine considers Hey Hey It’s Saturday to be a product of a different era which is irrelevant (or at the very least, decreasing in relevance) to today’s audiences, much like Sam Newman and Alan Jones.

Wasn’t Livinia Nixon only on Hey Hey for the last couple of years in its original incarnation + the 2009-10 revival? Nonetheless, she should still be part of any 50 Years special.

3 Likes

That’s where Jane Bunn comes in. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh lord kill me.

I’d imagine it’d shoot at Docklands, but Global South Melbourne would be somewhat more appropriate seeing as it was Seven’s base for shows and variety for many years.

Livinia originally came in as a replacement for Jo Beth Taylor after she failed to show up for work.

5 Likes

Gina Riley has aged well, hasn’t she.

1 Like

Really looking forward to this!

A 50th anniversary retrospective with all of the racism and bullying taken out might fill two or three minutes for the end of the 6pm bulletin in Melbourne.

4 Likes

When will Daryl and his endless clinging onto this show ever go away?

No one is interested in his shit or his head on tv.

4 Likes

Hey Hey Does Anyone Still Care?

7 Likes

I’d watch. I love tv nostalgia

3 Likes

Would be great if they could do some in studio stuff and reunite some old faces. I’d love to see them all again and hear what they’ve been doing, a bit like Where Are They Now?

1 Like

I’d watch if Denise Drysdale and / or Jackie McDonald were on the reunion.

I have a feeling Denise will not be invited and that Jackie will not accept the invitation.

OK - Let’s book Harry Connick Jr and Kamahl - now that will make this must-see TV.

4 Likes

Hey Hey I’m a Racist and Misogynist

3 Likes

Apparently, it’s confirmed. A one-off special … on 7.

3 Likes

It’s a one off retrospective special which will most likely be a pre-record hosted by Daryl in the format of 20-to-1 style “best of” clips with interviews/comments from former cast members/guests spliced in.

The show itself is not returning.

3 Likes