Hell’s Kitchen Australia

I don’t know whether I like this show or not, still ‘sitting on the fence’ :thinking:

Some great stuff, but also boring/flat moments.

Love Debra, Issa & Lincoln. Fantastic to see Marco again too!

A new show for Australia too, albeit some would’ve seen overseas versions.

I think I’ll be back to Survivor tomorrow

1 Like

I haven’t watched (Marco’s) original Hell’s Kitchen (UK) upon which I understand this show is based, rather than Gordon Ramsay’s HK (USA) variant (which I have seen), but if/since Seven couldn’t get well known celebrities, I’d have preferred non-celeb contestants.

PS: Oh, and thanks for nothing Prime7 for the blurry vision (SD only)

1 Like

“One Nation Co-Founder”

Celebrity is a term used loosely, these days… :neutral_face:

4 Likes

I was watching during the ad breaks of The Block. That was enough.
Saw the scores at the end, what’s with the whispering and v e r y s l o w s p e e c h

3 Likes

It just started on Perth about 30 minutes ago. It seems everyone wants to just “learn how to cook”, but the point of Hell’s Kitchen is so people can earn money and learn to operate their own kitchen and restaurant, isn’t it?

3 Likes

That was one intense episode. Some of the contestants could not make a good egg dish, and Marco asked them to serve restaurant dishes?! That was insane.

1 Like

By the looks of it, the show wasn’t recivived well: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4765320/Hell-s-Kitchen-viewers-SLAM-boring.html

There was positive feedback on their Facebook page when I looked during the episode.

I guess I might be proved wrong tomorrow, but I can’t see this getting more than 800K…

I tend to agree. I’m expecting somewhere in the 650k-800k area honestly.

Even if tonight did do well, it’ll only be because of the lead-out & being the premiere

There was also at least a week of radio advertising plus full page adverts in newspapers today not to mention the promotion of the show during most breaks on Seven for the last few weeks, pop ups, a watermark and cross promotion of various Seven programs.

3 Likes

Yep, expect heads to roll if both Hells Kitchen & Blue Murder didn’t pull massive numbers.

It did have significant competition as well (Survivor - across three channels & The Block, as well as 60 Minutes).

The AFL promotion & lead-in with some markets would’ve helped a lot.

Whats ypur obsession with lead outs?

1 Like

He just learned what they are. Remember when he learned about demos? Now they’re all he talks about!

5 Likes

I was so excited about Hell’s Kitchen.

Pity the “celebrities” did not appear to want to be there.

Pity that I only knew two of the “celebrities”

Pity that the editing was so bad.

Pity that Marco was not the same Marco that I loved on Masterchef.

Pity that they weren’t cooking but reheating food.

I watched the show for 45 minutes. And that was 40 minutes too long. I can’t see this lasting in primetime for more than a fortnight.

7 Likes

Good thing its only 10 episodes then. Shows that Seven werent too confident in the show otherwise they would have orderered more episodes.

3 Likes

Ah? The Daily Mail says Hell’s Kitchen Australia is on “Network Ten” :roll_eyes:

Says a lot.

4 Likes

I am beginning to think that Sam Frost would go to the opening of an envelope.

3 Likes

Even Gordon Ramsay couldn’t have saved that disaster last night. Why can’t they stick to the exact format that made the series so successful?

6 Likes