Hell’s Kitchen Australia

Haha you have to remember Sam Frost is not an “artist” in any way so she is likely going to go wherever a pay cheque is (As would I), she purchased a property for $1.2m in Sydney earlier this year. Girl has bills to pay.

1 Like

There’s your problem.

3 Likes

No idea why they cast ‘celebrities’ especially when 80% of the public wouldn’t have a clue who they were. To top it off most of them can’t cook.

The draw card of the US version is watching Ramsay destroy cocky professionals. The whole show was way too nice and friendly.

6 Likes

Good article from Colin Vickery in the Herald Sun, regarding last night’s premiere.

Ratings commentary, viewer feedback & the publication’s thoughts on why they think it didn’t ‘fire’:

3 Likes

Anyone want to predict how much lower tonight’s ratings for HKA will be?

550k-650k

300k - 350k.

Good god no. It’s not that bad!!!

1 Like

May not be as bad as Restaurant Revolution, but its certainly on par with Zumbo’s Just Desserts.

Marco the only saving grace.

2 Likes

I know, I’m just mucking around! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love Marco but he is part of the problem with the show. Hell’s Kitchen is known for having a ferocious head chef who is ready to rip heads off. Marco just doesn’t fit the bill as the majority of Australians know him as a supportive, genourous mentor from his time on Masterchef.

6 Likes

Marco should return to Masterchef next season

1 Like

They should replace him with Matt or George.

That would mean they’d (Masterchef) would be in a position to refresh the trio of hosts, which could only be a good thing.

1 Like

So you want to have three English judges on an Aussie show? :worried:

Is Garry English?

Edit: if you look at it now they have George who is Greek anyway so its not like they have an Australian judge anyway.

George was born in Melbourne. Both Gary and Matt are British.

2 Likes

Are you from serious? :roll_eyes:

Gary Mehigan has an obvious English accent. He moved to Australia in 1991.

Haven’t we moved on from saying somebody with Greek heritage who was born in Australia is not Australian? I expected better from you @turdall. :disappointed:

1 Like

I haveny watched Masterchef in a while and I am terrible with accents. I seriously thought George was born in Greece.

Just caught up with this week’s episodes. I thought Monday’s episode was better than the premiere while the last chance cook off in Tuesday’s episode was a bit stretched.
Tuesday’s episode was lunch so why the maitre d’ Glenn said “good evening” and “good night”? Debra cut her hand while cutting fruits in the back room but would be back for the next episode as shown in the promo.
I managed to take the screencap of the restaurant. Do you think it was located at Fox Studios? The picture on the far right may be a clue.

EDIT: according to Google Maps, the building above is actually P.J. Gallagher Irish Pub at Entertainment Quarter, Fox Studios. Seven simply used it as a facade.

5 Likes