Hell’s Kitchen Australia

I’m not sure what people are expecting, but this show is bad. It will probably get a big premiere audience but think it will drop rapidly once people see how pointless watching this group of nolebrities is.

2 Likes

Why are they even using Celebrities anyway? Doesn’t the US version just contain everyday people?

8 Likes

Yes it does. Dont see the logic in using Z list celebrities instead. People will be watching for Marco not the people anyway.

3 Likes

As much as I like Marco, it just won’t be the same without T H E L A M B S A U C E

4 Likes

Is it just me or does anyone else think Hell’s Kitchen Australia is going to be a big dud like Restaurant Revolution was in 2015?

6 Likes

Not to mention Zumbo’s Just Desserts (or whatever it was called) that ran after the Olympics last year.

Even if Hell’s Kitchen Australia ultimately flops in the ratings, I doubt that will stop Seven trying to establish a “MKR companion” cooking reality show in the future!

2 Likes

I think the first week will rate well based on Marco’s name alone. Week 2 will be the real test. I am expecting 1.5m for the premiere. Survivor will be crushed, it will probably drop to the low 500s.

3 Likes

I’m expecting it to flop majorly.
General consensus i’ve seen from people have generally been completely negative ever since it was revealed that no-name celebrities would be the contestants!

I think a reasonable amount of people will tune in for the first night to see Marco, but I think it’ll plummet quickly from there.

6 Likes

Marco’s name didn’t do anything for Masterchef: The Professionals and it’s not going to help HKA

1 Like

I see it being a dud. While Marco’s name might have some pulling power, I don’t think it has as much as 7 thinks it has. Additionally, the contestants that they have are on it seem desperate for attention and/or extend their 15 minutes of fame. At least half are reality starts or are frequent celebrity edition reality contestants (David was on 7’s Aus Celeb Survivor in 2006, Linchon did DWTS). They have little to no pulling power.

Given the line-up, I don’t see it appealing to 7’s audience or pulling viewers from other shows.

3 Likes

Should’ve at least gone to get Gordon Ramsay. Would probably save the chances of flopping.

2 Likes

Maybe they tried to get him.

1 Like

Probably.

Imagine if they got Gordon Ramsay, Seven would have to put the program on after 8.30pm, given the amount of times Gordon says the word fuck. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Gordon Ramsay is almost certainly way out of Seven’s league. He earns, what, $60 million a year?

3 Likes

As others have said, I doubt Seven could afford Ramsay.

1 Like

I T S F U C K I N G R A W

10 Likes

Plus if they’d gotten Ramsay then Seven wouldn’t have had their other (minor) achievement: Getting Marco away from MasterChef.

4 Likes

I think it will rate well tonight - probably around 1.4m but will be around 900k next week…there’s a lot of blatant cross promotion and it just feels like a cheaper Masterchef with D grade celebs! 7 could have come up with something much smarter.
I’m also guessing Sam Frost must do well as a lot of exposure on this show makes sense for her going on H&A.

2 Likes

Getting Aldi to sponsor the show probably did more harm than good…

3 Likes