Hell’s Kitchen Australia

It sounds exactly like Masterchef… just with Celebs.

I do like a number of people on this cast but I will still be surprised if this grabs an audience on the back of Masterchef. For that reason it should only be a once a week show but I know that won’t be the case.

1 Like

Does every show have to be ‘tentpoled’ in this country?

I’ve heard of Willie Mason, Candice Warner, Lincoln Lewis and David Oldfield. Not bad by my standards. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

New 10-second ad featuring Marco aired last night and tonight during My Kitchen Rules semi-finals.
According to an online booking from Yahoo7 website the show was taped across ten sessions from late March to just before Easter:
March 24 - dinner
March 28 - lunch
March 30, 31 - dinner
April 4 - lunch
April 6,7 - dinner
April 11 - lunch
April 13,14 - dinner
Had there been any ad on Seven Sydney about the restaurant opening for public bookings though?

1 Like

So is it only a 10 episode show?

They can stretch a dinner out to three episodes at least.

1 Like

It won’t be a long series.

4 Likes

Is there anything wrong with that though?

If it were 1 episode a week 10 episodes, 10 week series I think that would work perfectly.

Most shows in this country overstay their welcome by stripping and fluffing up episodes with so much pointless crap.

3 Likes

I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. In fact I prefer that.

There’s something about those promos, that I really like :slight_smile:

Is it Marco Pierre White, formerly of Masterchef?

4 Likes

Promo shown just now says Hell’s Kitchen is to start Sunday August 6 alongside Blue Murder: Killer Cop

3 Likes

Why are Seven waiting another week to debut this? It should be starting on the same night as The Block and Survivor.

3 Likes

It’s not surprising that it premieres in the 7pm timeslot (90 minute episode).

2 Likes

No sign of Sunday Night.

1 Like

I’m sure there was never going to be any Sunday Night on this night anyway, like the night of the House Rules GF

Hell’s Kitchen

Starts 7.00pm Sunday 6 August

Marco Pierre White is about to put his reputation on the line with a select group of celebrity apprentices as he opens Hell’s Kitchen, a professional restaurant with real customers and high expectations.

To the rest of the country they are celebrities, heroes in their respective fields. To Marco they are mounds of potential to be sculpted by his exacting standards. If they listen, if they trust his direction and judgment, they will survive Hell’s Kitchen and emerge as better cooks and better people.

Marco takes his work and his craft very seriously, on and off the camera. He is very hands on. This is what has made him one of the world’s great cooking maestros. He will not let his guests down, and if the celebrities earn his respect, he will defend them fiercely against the ill-informed, loose mannered complaints that may come from the restaurant floor.

Each night, when the restaurant doors open, Marco and his team go into battle together. Not everyone will survive.

The ten celebrity contestants will compete first in teams of two and then individually until only one remains. The winner of Hell’s Kitchen will take home $50,000 for their nominated charity.

Format

KITCHEN SKILLS CHALLENGE
At the beginning of every week Marco will set the celebrities a kitchen challenge where they work to create a classic, everyday dish. Whoever is judged the best will win an advantage for that night’s dinner service.

FIELD CHALLENGE
Mid-week sees Marco teach the celebrities a new skill on location. The celebrities must then work in their respective teams to complete a time trial relay challenge. The skill will relate to an item on the menu for the week, allowing the celebrities to take their expertise back to the kitchen. The winning team from the challenge will again gain an advantage for that night’s service.

SERVICE
The backbone of Hell’s Kitchen, service is where celebrities are put through their paces. Both teams cook the same menu with half the diners receiving food from the red team’s kitchen and half from the blue.

Even though each celebrity is responsible for a certain dish, as a team they are creating an entire menu and a ‘You’re only as strong as your weakest link’ mentality quickly sets in and teammates support (or hinder) each other to get the advantage.

Once their meal is finished diners are asked to comment on each course and a score out of 10. These scores are tallied to determine a winning and losing team. From there, Marco must choose the weakest performer from the losing team to face the Last Chance Cook Off and potential dismissal at the end of the week.

LAST CHANCE COOK OFF
Each week, the three celebrity cooks that Marco has nominated as the weakest performers will face the last chance cook off where one will be dismissed. This challenge is designed for celebrities to recognise different flavours and ingredients. Marco presents the cooks with a dish he has prepared, which they’ll then taste and recreate with no recipe. Marco will then taste all three dishes and determine who will be dismissed from Hell’s Kitchen.

3 Likes

After its debut next Sunday, Hell’s Kitchen AU will continue on Monday and Tuesday nights.

3 Likes

Saw the sneak peek during Border Security tonight. Looks good.

Seven has signed up Aldi as the official supermarket for the show (Coles supplies My Kitchen Rules and MasterChef on Ten). Other partners include Airtasker, Diageo (also a partner of MasterChef this season), Sony Pictures and Lurpak.

3 Likes

Aldi has their own version of Lurpak, so the Lurpak won’t be coming from Aldi.