Hell’s Kitchen Australia

It looks like this would be based off of Hells Kitchen UK (the original show before the US version), which was exclusively celebrity based - Marco was the head chef on this one so it would make sense. If you haven’t seen it, there are a few episodes available on Youtube and you’ll be able to see the stark contrast between the two versions.

I saw a few episodes online recently and I found it much more interesting than the contrived, heavily edited, artificial US version.

I sincerely hope they lean more towards the UK version than the US version.

1 Like

I don’t mind the US version, as contrived as it is, but that needs Ramsay. I can’t see that format working with anyone else.

Unfortunately, I suspect that Seven will continue to try out new “MKR companion” (for the lack of a better term) cooking formats every year until something sticks!

1 Like

But it being on Seven probably means = instant hit.

1 Like

When this fails I expect we will see Marco Pierre White back on MasterChef, and Adriano Zumbo back there too.

4 Likes

So on the back of Restaurant Revolution being a total flop and then Zumbo’s Just Dessert not doing much better, they go and try a another cooking concept? Geez. The only cooking shows that still rate are ones that already have established audiences (MKR & Masterchef). Marco is nothing new either, we’ve seen him ample times on Masterchef and he’s also been the host/judge on Masterchef: The Professionals. This show is going to fail.

1 Like

Which didn’t really fire… I don’t know if he really has the pulling power some think he has. I really like Marco and I enjoy cooking shows so I will probably watch it.

Whoops! I decided to just say it to my phone and convert to text. Obviously, it doesn’t know what Michelin Stars are. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But somehow it knows a soccer team :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No Marco week on next season of Masterchef Australia?I’m disappointed :confused:

2 Likes

Marco is out of this coming season.

2 Likes

“Marco was part of the MasterChef Australia family for a few years. We wish him the best and look forward to working with him again in the future.”

Sounds like Ten doesn’t expect it to last long.

5 Likes

But you’d expect a bit of negative spin like that.

1 Like

Even if it’s a flop by Seven’s standard, it would most likely outrate whatever Ten air against it.

3 Likes

Seems like Keira from The Bachelor and I’m A Celeb has been offered Hell’s Kitchen Australia too.

Keira Maguire: ‘I’ve already been offered another reality TV show after this one’
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/keira-maguire-ive-already-been-offered-another-reality-tv-show-after-this-one/news-story/275eb51ee706d575a8221afdb7f744f2

1 Like

News Corp reports Marco arrived in Sydney yesterday ready for production to begin in about 10 days. Seven has built the set in the city which will operate as a functioning restaurant for three months, which could mean the general public will get to taste the food cooked by the celebrities (keep an eye out for promos on Seven Sydney).
Rumour is that a “Real Housewife” (of Melbourne or Sydney) will be competing in the show.

News Corp has revealed the celebrities who will compete on the show:
Pettifeur Berenger (The Real Housewives of Melbourne)
David Oldfield (One Nation founder)
Candice Falzon (ironwoman and wife of cricketer David Warner)
Sam Frost (The Bachelorette and 2DayFM evening co-host)
Jessica Fox (Olympic canoeist)
Lincoln Lewis (actor)
Issa Schultz (“supernerd” on The Chase Australia - cross promotion?)
Willie Mason (former rugby league player)
Gary “Gaz” Beadle (Geordie Shore star)
Debra Lawrence (actor best known for Home and Away and Please Like Me)

Odd mix of people there. The report mentions there have been personality clashes in the early stages of filming.

###Celebrity contestants for HELL’S KITCHEN AUSTRALIA revealed

Ten of the finest will fight for culinary kudos from the Godfather of modern cooking, Marco Pierre White.

The ten celebrity contestants brave enough to set foot in Marco Pierre White’s Hell’s Kitchen have been announced.

• Willie Mason Outspoken NRL forward
  • Jess Fox Canoeist and London 2012 Olympic Silver Medalist
  • Gary ‘Gaz’ Beadle British reality star of Geordie Shore
  • Candice Warner Former Ironwoman, wife of Australian Cricket Vice Captain, David Warner.
  • Issa Schultz The Chase Australia’s Supernerd
  • Debra Lawrance Beloved television actress, Please Like Me
  • Sam Frost Reality star and radio host
  • Lincoln Lewis Logie winning film and television actor
  • Pettifleur Berenger Real Housewife of Melbourne, property developer, author
  • David Oldfield Former deputy leader, One Nation Party

Running the pass and the ultimate decider on each contestant’s fate in Hell’s Kitchen is host Marco Pierre White, the youngest chef to ever achieve three Michelin stars and responsible for training some of the world’s greatest.

These celebrity hopefuls will face skill based and location challenges culminating in the immense pressure of delivering a complete dinner service at the exclusive Hell’s Kitchen restaurant for over 70 diners. It promises to be a thrilling and fiery ride as they face the toughest challenge within the hottest and toughest kitchen in the world.

HELL’S KITCHEN AUSTRALIA is produced by ITV Studios Australia and is coming soon to Channel 7.

1 Like

Hell’s Kitchen only has one episode per week in the US. Here, given the contestants will face skill based and location challenges, I reckon the show will air 2-3 episodes each week to stretch the season.

Great casting choice. I was waiting for an Australian show to get a Geordie Shore star to participate.