HD Broadcasting

Yeah I suspect the 7HD EPG may just be a dirty copy of the 7 (SD) EPG, and so can’t be relied on to indicate when the change will happen (I doubt it’ll be manually edited in advance of the change).

I never agreed with this decision because it set us back in migrating to MPEG4. If TV4ME was still on the air they wouldn’t have been able to have downgrade 7FLIX to MPEG2 without moving one of the other channels (7TWO or 7MATE) to MPEG4

4 Likes

We knew of the December 16 switch from 7mate to main channel programing on the HD channel in advance thanks to the EPG data on terrestrial TV, I daresay that a similar thing will happen when/if they switch back.

Personally, I think that 7Flix would’ve launched in MPEG2 (just like how 9Life and Food Network launched in MPEG2!) if it wasn’t for 4ME. When that channel died, it was probably an easy decision for Seven to boost the viewership (remember those “Now available on more TVs” promos?) of 7Flix by switching the channel over to MPEG2.

1 Like

But remember last month we found out via the EPG that Ch 70 was being changed from 7mate to 7.

And that was proven to be correct.

So if they were changing it back to 7mate, the reverse should also apply here too.

2 Likes

I hope you’re both right, & given what you’ve said it makes sense Seven will do the same.

This topic seems to be in a recursive loop with the same things being said over and over thanks to the usual vacuum of information that is Seven.

Also worth noting that the dedicated Seven HD topic on the forum :grinning:

5 Likes

Macquarie radio tuned into the SD channels of Nine and Seven tonight. Zoomed in:

5 Likes

AFLW (which has been advertised as being in HD nationally) starts next Friday, February 3. So either the switch will happen before then or Seven are lying in their ads

Crazy times at the Seven Network. Can’t be bothered telling us what the fuck is going on and letting us all implode with crazy theories. Maybe it’s their plan all along? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Come on, you’ve gotta love it.

7 Likes

The Davis Cup tie between Australia and the Czech Republic is on 3-5 of February, I’m guessing 7 will switch back after this.

That must then mean that AFLW games will be on the main channel in MELB and ADL if in HD nationally?

Or perhaps 7mate will go MPEG2 HD nationally?

Yes they are. The full season broadcast guide is on afl.com.au

Golf highlights on ABC HD is still SD upscaled :frowning:

I don’t know if i’m posting this in the right spot but is anyone able to get me the streaming file eg: m3u8 for this TV channel. They provide an online stream but i can’t seem to source a correct file. http://www.capitalfm.com/tv/

Thanks

DjCazzah

I watch it all the time.
http://ooyalahd2-f.akamaihd.net/i/globalradio01_delivery@156521/index_1500_av-p.m3u8?sd=10&rebase=on

1 Like

Thank You very much! :grinning:

1 Like

ABC’s Q&A is broadcast live from Melbourne’s Docklands Studios tonight and it seems to me it is broadcast in full HD.

I’m pretty sure Four Corners and Media Watch were in full HD too.

Media Watch definitely was HD.