Seven HD

be good if regional Australia and regional Victoria got prime 7 hd

Given the apparent disinterest in HD though, regional viewers, given a choice, would probably prefer to see Prime start broadcasting 7Flix ahead of HD. Of course both would be better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wish Seven would issue some sort of statement on this or there was a story on TV Tonight with an interview with someone from 7 letting us know their plans if any.

If Seven was to stupidly stop broadcasting the primary channel in HD and revert to 7Mate HD in some markets, why does everyone here think it’ll happen the day after the tennis is over?

Surely another likely date is the first appearance of AFL for the year.

Mind you, there has not been one mention during the tennis of HD being available. It’s like their little secret for those who care enough to find it.

i would i know others would prefur both

The debut game of the AFLW is Friday February 3 so odds are the switch will be sometime between next Sunday night and then.

1 Like

I don’t really get all the fuss about 7 having a HD channel. I know I love the HD varient of a channel but generally speaking the majority of the public don’t even know about the HD varient or cannot tell the difference.

I went to Sydney on holiday last weekend, the hotel TV had 7HD so I thought Sydney finally got the channel permanently.

Let’s not start that argument again…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

couldn’t 7 just over switch over onto mate Hd on game day.like in perth 5pm Friday or 5pm Satyrday!!

1 Like

They don’t want to do that. They have a two tier system that apparently works when it comes to aflbeing in HD.

I don’t know about everyone else, but I don’t care about the plebs; I’m annoyed that I can’t get 7HD for myself. :persevere:

2 Likes

Always suspected that Canberrans thought they were better than everyone else :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Nah, that’s just me! (My personal streak of arrogance; I wouldn’t describe myself as representative of the populace.) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How else can I see those bikini babes on Home and Away in HD :slight_smile: …joking…

I would guess those LOL specials are in HD on Youtube.

1 Like

SBS HD… otherwise on a big modern TV it’s like watching with the pixellation used to blur faces (or other bits!). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Yes Downton Abbey is full HD on Netflix, responding to your added/removed question!)

1 Like

Yeah I took it off as I saw it was.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia returns 2nd of Feb at midnight to Seven.

I wish it was on Netflix as it would be in HD .Plus wouldn’t have to record/stay up late…not even catchup available I think.

Ooh, the new season? I didn’t think IASIP aired on any Australian television.

It’s not major but it’s annoying to see that when the networks replay aired footage either on news shows or post them to social media, they always take the SD feed and not HD

Edit: I don’t know why this comment was moved from HD Broadcasting to Seven HD

1 Like

ricketycricket, the series has aired on Seven since the start.

Surely they’ve shown the end of the series by now??