Seven HD

SBS HD… otherwise on a big modern TV it’s like watching with the pixellation used to blur faces (or other bits!). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Yes Downton Abbey is full HD on Netflix, responding to your added/removed question!)

1 Like

Yeah I took it off as I saw it was.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia returns 2nd of Feb at midnight to Seven.

I wish it was on Netflix as it would be in HD .Plus wouldn’t have to record/stay up late…not even catchup available I think.

Ooh, the new season? I didn’t think IASIP aired on any Australian television.

It’s not major but it’s annoying to see that when the networks replay aired footage either on news shows or post them to social media, they always take the SD feed and not HD

Edit: I don’t know why this comment was moved from HD Broadcasting to Seven HD

1 Like

ricketycricket, the series has aired on Seven since the start.

Surely they’ve shown the end of the series by now??

I don’t know , Seven airs this show randomly at midnight it seems every year or two. I would say it is a few years behind .

Continuing some discussion about 7HD

There is also the Super Bowl on Monday 6 Feb

1 Like

Yes it’ll be interesting to see what 7 do.
If 7mate is HD again then I guess they may show the Superbowl on there as they have other NFL, but what about Melbourne, etc?
Perhaps like 7 do with the AFL they’ll put the tennis/Superbowl on whichever is the HD channel in a particular metro station.
But of course there’s still a split now with metro vs regional so unless 7, Prime7 & SC7 sort out something consistent some viewers lose out either way.
Frustratingly the regional broadcasters haven’t gone to the effort of switching the sport from the main channel to 7mate HD (too much effort required to find something to put on the main channel?).

1 Like

Nothing to do with effort, the primary channel is the one that most people watch, so they want their highest-rating shows for it. AFL is only on 7mate in the Brisbane, Perth and Sydney as it does not rate as well as in Adelaide and Melbourne, hence it gets shafted to the multichannels (leaving us with the 7HD/7mate HD disaster). AFL may rate higher in regional areas, hence they want to keep it on the primary channel for maximum exposure and ratings.

But it is frustrating that the regional broadcasters won’t relaunch HD simulcasts of their main channel, then the precious AFL will automatically be in HD.

3 Likes

The AFL does rate well in Perth, but it’s on 7mate over there primarily because of the time difference (eg, Friday night matches starting in the late afternoon).

3 Likes

I only ever watch 7HD*, 9HD & TEN HD now.

• = but yes, in the Melbourne market it’s a simulcast of the main channel.
1 Like

It should be a fulltime simulcast of the main channel in every market.

8 Likes

I feel like we have just repeated the same thing in both hd threads. I don’t remember seeing anyone this upset when ten launched the one hd sports channel bake in 2009.

I agree 7HD should be a simldast of seven for all states, clearly Seven and the AFL have decided otherwise.

Lay down and eat it :stuck_out_tongue::pig: because I don’t think the will change anytime soon, as much as I think it’s a shitty system".

I can see seven laughing their heads off in their offices right about now. :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

‘You will watch what we provide, you will enjoy it!’ And the ratings say most people do. :frowning:

2 Likes

7 - Gotta Love it Because we Force You To!

3 Likes

I know a great slogan for Seven:
Love it or else

2 Likes

Nobody’s television is stuck on Seven. You can use your remote, you know. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yeah true, but the networks were complaining to the pollies when people downloaded from the Internet HD versions of the programmes they broadcast.

I don’t think they were that specific. They were whinging about any versions of programs they broadcast being downloaded. Not that recently introduced restrictions have made any difference to those people who really want to download.

No of course they weren’t specific; rather than provide a good service they want people to be forced to watch their channel or not be able to see the content, but of course they wouldn’t let it pass if someone says the reason was because the programme isn’t available in HD.
Recent metadata tracking has made it more difficult to get away with casual downloading, but as the appearance of Netflix, etc. has shown, make it easy and not prohibitively expensive to legally get content and people will use the legal means.
Are the 7 streams & +7 in HD yet?