Have You Been Paying Attention?

4 Likes

Have You Been Paying Attention To 2017? Year In Review Special.

Season Finale.

Monday 27 November At 8.30pm

Join Sam Pang, Ed Kavalee, Kitty Flanagan, Urzila Carlson, Marty Sheargold and host Tom Gleisner as they take a look back at the year that was in the Have You Been Paying Attention to 2017? Year In Review Special.

Tune in Monday night for the show that spins headlines into punchlines as Tom trawls back through all the big moments from 2017 to see just how much the team can remember from the past 12 months – from Trump to Turnbull, the royals to reality stars, scandals in the sporting world plus all the celebrities hook-ups, break-ups and public spats.

It is the chance to test the contestants on all things celebrity, politics, sport, current affairs, pop culture and international events from the year that was.

How much of 2017 can you remember? Test yourself against our seasoned professionals on the Have You Been Paying Attention to 2017? Year In Review Special.

2 Likes

One of the best lineups this week! Ed, Urzilla, Marty, Kitty and Sam to look back at the year.

I really hope Marty and Kitty are on a lot more together next year, those two are great together. Ed moving to Sydney radio will that impact his role at all? Some fresh faces would be nice. Take some people from CRAM that were clearly funny like Nikki Osborne and of course more Anne Edmonds.

Do you think they might change anything next year in terms of set or format to compete with Talking Bout Your Generation?

1 Like

It’s filmed on a Sunday so shouldn’t matter. Also, Em Rusciano does the “Sydney radio” show from Melbourne so he will probably be joining her there anyway.

Apparently his Triple M Brisbane gig was also done from Melbourne, so it’ll just be a case of popping upstairs really

1 Like

Not at all. Ed, along with both shows are based out of Melbourne so nothing will change.

[quote=“AustralianAerial, post:427, topic:436, full:true”]
so it’ll just be a case of popping upstairs really
[/quote]not even - just down the hall actually. The “2Day FM” studio in Melbourne is one of the 2 ex-DAB studios (the other is now used for a mix of pre-recorded shows, podcast recording, remote talent and remote guests) which are located with the production studios down the other end of the Triple M floor.

1 Like

Tom Gleisner said on Nova’s Chrissie, Sam and Browny this morning that this week’s guest quizmasters are Wayne and Tom from Gogglebox, and singer Paulini.

1 Like

I hope Paulini has thick skin, they are going to rip into her lol

4 Likes

What would the finale episode be without some cross promotion for the upcoming BBL?

Tonight’s show also features Brisbane Heat star Beth Mooney
IMG_2194IMG_2193

2 Likes

These people posted a video question on tonight’s episode: Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Matty J from The Bachelor, and Jarrod from The Bachelorette.

Urzila has finished off on a high with a win tonight. Congratulations to her :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve always wondered how they filmed this show? I saw the end of it last night when the boom camera panned out and it looks like they have one camera on Tom and one camera on the panel but how is that one camera so quick to zoom in, focus and frame the person answering so quickly? Is there someone in control room on vision switcher or is there more camera they edit from later? I know they press a button before answering but it seems like they know who will speak next. Which kind of takes away the magic if its rehearsed with same jokes etc…

There are about 5 cameras in the studio…ive heard it takes an hour and a half.

You can also edit the show in post a bit too to take diff angles quicker, and cut bits out…

Paulini roasted by ‘Have You Been Paying Attention?’ panel over legal troubles
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/paulini-roasted-by-have-you-been-paying-attention-panel-over-legal-troubles/news-story/ba54e56645ec7ceede359dce0c52693c

If she knows anything about the show, I’m sure she knew what she was getting herself into.

3 Likes

New promos airing tonight, ‘COMING SOON’

Basically just says “Sam Pang, have you been paying attention?” “Jane Kennedy, have you been paying attention?” etc.

2 Likes

4 Likes

According to a user on TV Tonight, Have You Been Paying Attention premieres Sunday May 13, I guess Rosanne will continue on Monday nights at HYBPA’s former time slot.

When HYBPA first started it aired at 7pm Sundays for 30 minutes. If the comment on TV Tonight is correct, HYBPA will now compete against 60 Minutes and Sunday Night. Combined with MasterChef, that should lift Ten’s Sunday ratings.

I think it was mentioned in the newsletter this week too.

2 Likes