Hard Quiz

ABC Upfronts 2020

He’s a Gold Logie winner and @nonstoptom will be going even HARDER than ever in 2020 with new Hard Quiz.

1 Like

Hard Quiz Celebrity Special

Wednesday 18 December at 8:00pm

Between them, Waleed Aly, Lucy Durack, Celia Pacquola and Hamish Blake already have enough trophies to sink a ship. But now they’ll face off in Celebrity Hard Quiz to win the ultimate prize: The Big Brass Mug™. Gold Logie winner Tom Gleeson puts four famous faces under his microscope in an ALL-STAR episode for the ages.

1 Like

Season 5

From Wednesday 5 February 8.00pm

Tom Gleeson’s got a Gold Logie in his back pocket, and he’s not afraid to use it.

HARD QUIZ is back for 2020, with more laughs, more put-downs, and even more selfdeclared experts lining up to test their knowledge for a crack at the coveted Big Brass Mug.

This year the contestants are wilder, the topics are weirder, and the insults fly both ways, with the challengers giving as good as they get. And don’t miss the return of the Battle of the Duds, where we give four losers a second chance (so that three of them can lose again!).

Brace yourselves, Australia, because once again, it’s time to play – HARD!

Tom Gleeson is back with four new wannabe experts. Vinny loves pop diva Lady Gaga, Jess is into the poet William Butler Yeats, Brigid is a fan of the roller-disco movie Xanadu and Michael has a thing for typewriters. Find out which of these experts knows their topic enough to get their hands on the Big Brass Mug.

1 Like

Anyone watch the Celebrity Version on Wednesday night? i thought it was a good episode. I can see an annual version of this.

And it rated well too. See? Tom Gleeson is popular, and hence why he won the Gold Logie this year :slight_smile:

I missed the episode as it clashed with Jamie Oliver’s Easy Christmas Countdown. I will catch it on iView tonight.

It’ll be repeated at 8pm tonight on ABC Comedy.

1 Like

Thanks. I will watch it over dinner tonight.

EDIT: great episode. Lots of steals during the expert round. I also learned a few things along the way, such as Japanese people eating KFC at Christmas which became a festive tradition after a 1974 TV commercial.
Lucy Durack was heavily pregnant during the filming in early October. She wrote on Instagram that her son Theodore was born 36 hours after the show.

James Sherry, host of 90s kids shows of Saturday Disney and A*Mazing, was a contestant on tonight’s show. His topic was 90s Disney Television Shows.

He was the butt of many of Tom Gleeson’s jokes. And was in good nature, laughing at his jokes.

He was runner-up tonight.

2 Likes

Season 5 - resumes

Wednesday 15 July at 8:00pm

He’s back! Tom Gleeson and his Big Brass Mug return with all-new episodes of HARD QUIZ. What better way to celebrate being holed up in Australia than to welcome back the most Australian TV show ever? It’s not like you’ve got anything else going on…

All new episodes of HARD QUIZ – at a time when being in Australia is all we have, its good to have the most Australian TV show back on your screens.

The episodes are new, but shot before lockdown, so we have real live human audiences and contestants standing right next to each other! Make Hard Quiz your hump day relief as Tom Gleeson takes on four self-declared experts each week as they battle out Australia’s funniest quiz show for a chance to take home the ultimate prize. A big brass mug.

Get ready Australia, because once again, it’s time to play – HARD!

Hard Quiz was released as a board game at the end of May by U.Games under licence from the ABC. It is currently on special at Big W for $34.
UG000027

1 Like

Hard Quiz has its first overseas adaptation, with the Dutch version (titled Hard Spel - meaning Hard Play in English) premiering on NPO 1 this Saturday, July 4, at 9.20pm.

https://www.tellerreport.com/life/2020-06-23-richard-groenendijk-makes-his-debut-as-a-quizmaster-in-the-new-bnnvara-show.B1MhGf9k0I.html

4 Likes

Successful debut.

6 Likes

Haha, this is going to be an absolute crack up!

5 Likes

Those poor kids…

Let’s play, HARD will probably traumatise half of them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

TV Blackbox says the one-off Hard Quiz Kids Special will be recorded in Melbourne in early December.

2 Likes

Hard Quiz Christmas Special

Hard Quiz Kids Special!

Wednesday 23 December at 7:30pm

Hard Quiz Kids Special! Tom Gleeson can dish it out, but can he take it?

Grade 5 & 6 contestants Nash, Olivia, Sam and Scarlett match wits with Tom as they battle each other for a Big Brass Mug that’s bigger than they are!

Is there any group of people better equipped to take on Tom Gleeson than a bunch of primary school kids? In this special edition of Hard Quiz, four contestants aged between 10 and 12 try to prove they’re the smartest kids in the room, and maybe knock Tom off his high horse while they’re at it.

3 Likes

You don’t get quality subject matter like this on The Chase and Hot Seat.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 9.09.54 PM

9 Likes

SERIES RETURN

Hard Quiz - Season 5 Episode 39

Wednesday 3 February at 8:00pm

2 Likes

Screens between the contestants on the kids special tonight.