Great songs heard on radio

I am sure the oldies in 1964 were saying the same thing on the beatles :slight_smile:.

1 Like

The theme from shaft by Isaac Hayes HHH FM.

1 Like

That song always takes me back to the “Seven’s Big League” openers from the early 80s when Rex Mossop was the commentator.

Other favorite instrumentals of mine

Fanfare For The Common Man - Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Axel F - Harold Faltermeyer

1 Like

Touch The Fire - Icehouse

Now Playing on Triple M Aussie.

Another example for me of a less successful hit from that artist being one of their best songs.

Love this one.

4 Likes

Beautiful Life - Ace of Base

Played earlier today on Hit 107, nice to hear a Ace of Base song on radio that isn’t All That She Wants or The Sign.

3 Likes

Currently playing on the WSFM ‘Pure Gold Saturday Night Party Remix’:

Heartache Tonight - The Eagles

One you don’t hear much of on WS these days, certainly not on Saturday nights anyway.

2 Likes

You Drive Me Crazy - Shakin Stevens

Now Playing on FUN Digital in Sydney.

Haven’t heard that on the radio for a while!

2 Likes

The Killing Moon by Echo And The Bunnymen. On hhh fm 80s show. Never heard it before but happy to hear different songs from the past

1 Like

Here is another song is not played a lot on radio.

People Are People by Depeche Mode.

4 Likes

Some from the last week (some of which may have been mentioned here on previous occasions)

Gangajang - Hundreds of Languages (Rebel)
Oingo Boingo - Stay (4MMM)
The Refreshments - Banditos (4MMM - and a song who chorus is incredibly applicable in today’s age :grin: )
The Stems - At First Sight (Rebel)

4 Likes

It’s undoubtedly been mentioned before, but that song also had a great music video featuring a number of notable journalists/TV presenters from that era! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pure Morning - Placebo :+1:

A nice surprise on iHeart The 90s, one that doesn’t get played very often at all now.

1 Like

The Human League, “Mirror Man” on 99.7 Bridge FM(Redcliffe) last weekend:blush:

3 Likes

According to my heart by The Reels
Baggy Trousers Madness
Wedding Cake Island Midnight Oil
Fat Man Icehouse
Stop The Cavalry by Jona Lewie

All on HHH fm on, its time show.

3 Likes

The Sound over in New Zealand today played Broken English by Marianne Faithfull (song not album). Has she ever been played on Australian radio? I imagine The Ballad Of Lucy Jordan would be a good fit for some classic hits stations still left.

I think I’ve heard The Ballad of Lucy Jordan on Australian radio (can’t remember which station, though). I know Broken English from US alternative radio; it’s a pretty good song.

1 Like

I remember hearing it on 6iX when I was in Perth back in October 2012. I also heard it on The Sound when I was in NZ in February last year as part of their A-Z (which starts on Monday).

I have listened to 3GG over the past hour and already heard these unflogged gems:

• Live Your Life Be Free - Belinda Carlisle
  • Round and Round - Spandau Ballet
  • Dr Beat - Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine.

Other stations usually flog “Leave a Light On” from Belinda, “Gold” and “True” from Spandau Ballet and any of Gloria’s schmaltzy ballads.

7 Likes

2GN & 2XL carries the same playlist, and are set to convert to FM by the end of this year and/or early next year.

2XL already broadcasts on FM in Jindabyne, Thredbo, Perisher & Charlotte Pass.

5 Likes

Witch Queen - Chantoozies

Now Playing on WSFM’s Saturday Night Pure Gold Party.

Seldom heard on commercial radio.

4 Likes