Great songs heard on radio

Awesome song and good on Aussie for playing it.

2 Likes

Without You by Silverchair on the regional Hit network tonight. Well in QLD at least.

3 Likes

I am a 44 year old male and the sad thing is that I am enjoying the regional Hit FM stations more then the regional Triple M station these days. 12 months ago there was no way that I would listen to Hit as we had more choice back then.

2 Likes

It would be a similar situation in the Illawarra, in which i98 would be more preferable to listen to than Wave FM, even though the former tends to play slightly more newer music than the latter. Of course, the difference is that both stations are rivals, whereas Hit & Triple M are sister stations.

1 Like

Cat People - David Bowie

Now Playing on iHeart Radio The 80s.

Rarely heard on the radio, but it’s a very good song.

4 Likes

Primitive Love Rites by Mondo Rock - SWR FM

3 Likes

Awesome tune. And it’s been so long since I’ve heard it.

1 Like

Sweet but Psycho - heard on Taco Bell’s Spotify jukebox.

1 Like

Getting played ALOT at the moment. Better than most recent releases, but that’s not saying much really. Not a bad song though.

1 Like

Break Me Shake Me - Savage Garden

Heard twice this week on iHeart The 90s. A song from their debut album (which I have somewhere) which doesn’t get too much airplay on radio anymore.

5 Likes

Roadhouse Blues - The Doors

On Triple M Sydney right now.

Haven’t heard that on the radio for ages!

1 Like

I Heard A Rumour - Bananarama

Now Playing On Hawkesbury Gold.

Probably my favourite Bananarama song, one that I haven’t heard on the radio for years!

5 Likes

Next Time- MARIE WILSON
I Wanna Be Rich- CALLOWAY
Don’t Wanna Fall In Love- JANE CHILD

All on 3MFM South Gippsland today.

3 Likes

Yes probably my favorite (maybe a close tie with this: )

2 Likes

Yeah both great songs. Also Robert De Niro. Im a massive fan. Still cant get past Cruel Summer for all time favourite though, no matter how many times i hear it.

2 Likes

Give me Ace of Base any day…

Meantime for the B, in 1988 the big hit was this… (with the new line-up)…

They had a huge tour of Australia planned…

But had to cancel it after a few months as they had only sold six tickets…

They crashed spectacularly… but this last hit was pure pop… it seemed to encapsulate all the defining elements of SAW…

I love the repetition… How could you go? How could you go?

4 Likes

Honey to the Bee - Billie Piper
This Is How We Party - S.O.A.P
Give it Up - Cut ‘N’ Move

Played on Hit 107 over the Weekend.
Honey to the Bee isn’t a song that I have heard on radio in a long time.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t admit to liking this at the time but it sure sounds better than 99% of today’s pop rubbish. Same for that SOAP song.

5 Likes

You are right, I thought those songs were nothing that special when they first came out in the late 90’s, but boy don’t they just sound fantastic compared to the current pop songs being released these days.

1 Like

I wonder if we’ll find ourselves saying that in 20 years time about today’s music? :thinking:

Will that mean that pop music will continue to get worse?! :scream:

2 Likes