Great songs heard on radio

“Hanging by a Moment” by Lifehouse on Triple M Sydney just a few minutes ago. :slight_smile: I wish the radio stations in my local area would play that song more often.

7 Likes

Really I wish that song was played less… It’s played all the time on the Hit Regional Network.

Only Lonely - Divinyls

Just played on SWR FM Blacktown.

3 Likes

Interesting you mention this, Rebel FM here played this exact track just today after 4:30pm. Don’t know that I’ve heard them play it before either. Great tune

2 Likes

Today on 4KQ

Listening / Pseudo Echo
Street Cafe / Icehouse

7 Likes

It’s not often I give 00s songs (or the following station) a plug here, but I haven’t heard this good un for a while

Dakota - Stereophonics

Just played on Wave FM.

1 Like

Modern Girl / Sheena Easton. More a guilty pleasure then a great song, but still :slight_smile:
On Bay FM in Brisbane.

3 Likes

this is one of those songs I’ve mentioned on the Oh No,Not That Song Again thread

1 Like

Computer One by Dear Enemy on Triple M Aussie :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Great song. In my top 5 Australian songs of all time

1 Like

First post in here for a while from me!

Been listening to Triple M Aussie today on launch day, it is actually quite good. There is the occasional stinker which forces you to change the station but i’ve heard some good stuff. All of this in the space of an hour:

Touch The Fire - Icehouse
Gravity - The Superjesus
Capricorn Dancer - Richard Clapton
D.A.F. - Powderfinger :+1:

6 Likes

Now Playing on the Triple M regional Saturday Night Party Shuffle

Echo Beach - Martha & The Muffins

Haven’t heard that on the radio for a while.

That’s played quite often on the Regional Triple M’s

2 Likes

I must have been listening at the wrong times!

You’re So Vain by Chocolate Starfish was played on Triple M Aussie this evening. A song that I always enjoy hearing.

Also, here are some of my personal highlights from my time listening the 1998 Hottest 100 played on Double J on Monday:

I Don’t Like It - Pauline Pantsdown :joy:
Father of Mine - Everclear
Ava Adore - Smashing Pumpkins
Pure Morning - Placebo

Also worthy of note is Throw Your Arms Around Me by Paul McDermott (yes, the guy from Good News Week). Has that been played during this century? It placed #31 in the Hottest 100 of 1998.

5 Likes

:+1:

Not so much a great song but slightly awkward when No Substitute by Chef (Isaac Hayes) came on whilst in the car with my teenage niece.

I let her break the silence.

4 Likes

Triple M Brisbane today played ‘Hey You’ by Pink Floyd. Lovely!

5 Likes

Two Tribes (12 inch mix) - Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Playing right now on WSFM.

5 Likes

Truganini - Midnight Oil

Now Playing on MMM Aussie Digital.

I reckon this is quite possibly the Oils best song, but it’s rarely heard on the radio. Another example for me of the best selling song not necessarily being that artists best.

Unfortunately the 48kbps compression doesn’t do it justice.

4 Likes