Great songs heard on radio

Yeah Greatest Hits might be a bit safer than it was but I still hear some good songs on there.
Classic Rock on the other hand is playing some excellent rarer rock songs - spending a lot of time on there at the moment.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a few from todayā€™s (non Alice) playlist:

Neil Young- Needle and the Damage Done
Suzi Quatro- 48 Crash
Steely Dan- Black Friday (the only popular song to mention Muswellbrook)
Blondie- Hanging on the Telephone
Foghat- Slow Ride
Grand Funk Railroad- Some Kind of Wonderful (must have brought out the GTA: San Andreas box set)
King Crimson- In the Court of the Crimson King
Blue Oyster Cult- Godzilla (wow- something other than Donā€™t Fear the Reaper!)
Black Sabbath- War Pigs/Lukeā€™s Wall

The inclusion of King Crimson is good but Iā€™d like to see some more prog rock being played, such as early Genesis and a bit more Jethro Tull.

3 Likes

At This Moment - Billy Vera & The Beaters

Now Playing on community radio 2MCR Campbelltown.

2 Likes

Always reminds me of the TV series Moonlighting. I think they played that song in one of the final episodes.

1 Like

Today I also heard Far Far Away/Slade. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever heard that on the radio.

Theyā€™re also playing a lot of Journey, Kansas, Heart and The Cars. All big thumbs up from me!

3 Likes

Overcomer by Mandosa s being played right now on Good News Radio 1-03.8FM Ballarat

You say by Lauren Daigle is being played on Good News radio 103.8FM ballarat.

Iā€™ll have to look this one up on You Tube ,canā€™t remember how it sounds but maybe I will if I watch it

2 Likes

Welcome To The Machine - Pink Floyd on MMM Classic Rock this arvo

3 Likes

Icehouse by Flowers.
Invisible Man Queen

Awesome 80s SWR

4 Likes

Havenā€™t heard this on the radio in decades!

Strut - Sheena Easton

Now Playing on 2NBC Community radio in Sydney.

2 Likes

Is it just me or has this song disappeared from our airwaves in the last couple of years?

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Now Playing on Triple M Sydney.

Still a great song - even better now for not being flogged to death like it used to.

3 Likes

I donā€™t hear it too much on radio anymore either. Mainly hear ā€˜Come As You Areā€™ and ā€˜About A Girlā€™ (unplugged) on radio now. Despite how well known the song is, I still like it.

1 Like

Typical Male - Tina Turner
followed by
No One Is To Blame - Howard Jones

Both just played as part of a WSFM ā€œTop 5ā€ mini countdown - the theme being songs that Phil Collins had something to do with (he played drums on the Tina Turner song and produced the Howard Jones song).

3 Likes

Consecutively on The 90s (iHeart Radio)

The Animal Song - Savage Garden.
Tonight Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins

Havenā€™t heard these on in a while. I only heard the last minute or so of The Animal Song after Come On Eileen came on The 80s, which lead me to furiously switch over. Coincidentally it came on just as I was reading a thread on here complaining about the song!

By the way, itā€™s nice to hear a Smashing Pumpkins song thatā€™s not ā€˜1979ā€™.

3 Likes

Apologies for the double post, but I had to post this:

Cat People (Putting Out Fire) - David Bowie :+1:

Right now on ā€˜The 80sā€™.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a party going on next door with Goldā€™s party playlist on, what iā€™ve heard so far:

Shakedown - Bob Seger (I think @Radiohead posted about hearing this a little while ago)
Great Wall - Boom Crash Opera
Glad All Over - Hush
Space Invaders - Player 1 :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Mandolin Rain/Bruce Hornsby today on Easy Hits. Iā€™d forgotten what a great song that was. Of course it was played a lot in the day (to the point that I was a bit over it) but I havenā€™t heard it in quite a while. It sounded great today.

4 Likes

I listen to the banjo wind quite often. A great track. The Valley Road is another underplayed gem from Bruce Hornsby.

1 Like

Valley Road is probably my favourite actually

1 Like