Great songs heard on radio

Good song, though “Soldiers Of Fortune” is my favourite JPY song, which I haven’t heard on the radio for years.

2 Likes

I played it recently on The Mechie Show.

1 Like

You’ll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties - Jona Lewie
KOOOL Digital just then.
Never heard this song before but I enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Wide Boy - Nik Kershaw :+1:
Played on Gold 104.3 tonight as part of ‘Totally 80s’.

4 Likes

Oh yes, great song!

1 Like

A few from 2XL’s 80s TGIF last night:

Sweet N’ Sour- THE TAKEAWAYS
Don’t Stop Believing- JOURNEY
We Live For Love- PAT BENATAR
Senses Working Overtime- XTC (album version, complete with the ‘buses might skid on black ice’ lyric).

7 Likes

Sweet and Sour is one of my favourite Australian songs of all time :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1::+1: from me

1 Like

A couple of underplayed Aussie songs tonight as part of Gold 104.3’s Saturday Party Playlist:
Break Me Shake Me - Savage Garden
Shine Like It Does - INXS (better than the overplayed New Sensation)
When Something Is Wrong With My Baby - Jimmy Barnes/John Farnham

5 Likes

Mountain - Chocolate Starfish

Now Playing on WSFM Sydney.

7 Likes

Into Temptation - Crowded House.

Just played on Aussie Digital. One of their more underplayed songs.

6 Likes

Not a particularly “great” song. Not even one I particularly love, but Smooth just played Love Letters/Alison Moyet. That’s what I really respect about Smooth. They’ll be adventurous and play songs other commercial stations wouldn’t play in a million years. Kudos to them.

2 Likes

Its uncommon for ANY Alison Moyet song to be played on radio these days, including her efforts with Yazoo.

Yes true, except for Smooth. They play her a lot. She’s got so many great songs.

2 Likes

Yes, she’s most likely to be heard on Smooth. Her music is a great fit for them. Though I don’t remember hearing much of her music on Smooth.

They played All Cried Out this morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s probably my favourite Alison Monet song!

I obviously need to listen to Smooth more :smile:

1 Like

I actually saw her in concert I think it was late last year. Amazing voice still. The only song she doesn’t sing anymore is Invisible - because it reminds her of a “dark time”…

Smooth do play her a lot. I have a feeling the music director might be British or at least loves some UK artists that don’t get a lot of play here on other stations. Bands like Take That and Lighthouse Family get a spin often on Smooth - and sometimes the tracks they play were big in the UK but barely hits here.

1 Like

the program director Pommie Paul is a Brit

2 Likes

And aren’t the Smooth logo and sweepers the same as what is used in England?